Switch to Forum Live View How do I prevent having past-life memories?
5 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2009 - 5:21PM #1
Migrator

Okay... this may sound weird, but how do I keep myself from dreaming about my past lives? Most of my memories are about dying in these past lives. I also have an unusual memory about a future life (not sure when exactly, though). I still ended up dying in it, though.

So I guess what I'm asking is, how do I keep myself from dreaming about my past lives? If I can't stop it, is there a way to focus more on positive past life experiences instead of on negative ones?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 9:54PM #2
Nay_ho_tze
Hi Migrator - 

Welcome to the PL&R Forum.
I'm not sure I can help, but let's start with a question:
How do you know for sure that these dreams are of a past life?

NHT
host

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2009 - 11:09PM #3
maniya

I find that until I grasp the lesson I need to learn, I continue to have certain dreams. 

What is it that death symbolizes to you?  Is there something that you are avoiding dealing with in waking life, that your mind/spirit is trying to tell you as you dream?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2009 - 7:10PM #4
momhobbit

I think that you are afraid of death and dying, and you keep having these dreams that stem from your fear.  Once you realize that death is just another experience, I think you will stop having these nightmares.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2009 - 12:09AM #5
koala972

Aug 2, 2009 -- 5:21PM, Migrator wrote:

Okay... this may sound weird, but how do I keep myself from dreaming about my past lives? Most of my memories are about dying in these past lives. I also have an unusual memory about a future life (not sure when exactly, though). I still ended up dying in it, though.

So I guess what I'm asking is, how do I keep myself from dreaming about my past lives? If I can't stop it, is there a way to focus more on positive past life experiences instead of on negative ones?

well you gonna die anyway... the place is rigged that way...  but I guess you are talking about ignoble and/or horrible deaths?  Some of us get more than our fair share of those...

sometimes embracing the unlikable leads to the unexpected.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2010 - 1:10PM #6
DanODea

I think some of us do come into this life with trauma from previous lives, possibly including death memories.  I also believe that sometimes those manifest in dreams, visions, or past life memories.

If that is what happened/is happening to you, then you might find relief by learning to process and accept those memories, and to recognize and realize that, "That was then, This is now".  Much like you might have to work through any this-life trauma.

That may not be a quick process, but it can work.

I'm not talking out of my hat on this.  I went through the same kind of things, and it bothered me for many years - decades really.  I was well over 40 before I stopped having recurring nightmares related to those memories.

Good Luck.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2010 - 7:28AM #7
michael

Aug 2, 2009 -- 5:21PM, Migrator wrote:

Are you crazy?? ...Don't prevent them+++take advantage of them. If the memories tell you that you are going to die on a certain street...AVOID THAT STREET. Use some COMMON SENSE. DO the opposite. Take control. HOLY SMOKES MAN, HEED THE MESSAGE.

Try to remember the upcoming winning Powerball numbers.  FOCUS...MAN...FOCUS

USE your ability. Don't fear it.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook