Switch to Forum Live View The New Age Religion
5 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 6:46PM #1
Raven.beliefnet.com

The New Age is growing up so fast that I have to affirm its very existience day by day.  When it becomes a religion, it may grow up to be either of the following:

• Wicca: Bearing the Rede of Wicca and the Sabbats with major sacrifices (including Yule)
  • Atari: Being the name of a video game company that gave up and lost to SONY.
  • Jedi: Inspired by the warrior force of Star Wars into which Darth Vadar becomes Satan.

Whatever it brings, the New Age will have to contend with these grown-up factors involved in its faith:

The Breton calendar, marking the following months with Gregorian equivalents in parenthesis:

Danube (April), May (May), Panteria (June), Ulster (July), Lammas (August), Enna (September), Samhein (October), Helsing (November), Yule (December), Aragont (January), Imbolc (February) and Beowulf (March).

The Breton Calendar starts on April 1 (April Fools).

Next is Beltaine (May 1) followed by Lammas (Aug. 31), Hallowe'en (Oct. 31) and Candlemas (Feb. 2).  The holy month of the Breton calendar is Yule, into which is the Gregorian December.

The scripture may be either the Tao Te Ching or the Urantia Book.

The house of worship may become the spa (and vice versa), of course, this time, for free courtesy of donations and other contributions.

I am watching.  I am waiting.

The New Age beliefs to this date are as follows:

• The belief in the Fellowship of the Ring, founded so as to protect the One Ring of Sauron from forces of evil.
  • The belief in the mad sorceress Maitreya and the Dark Lords, into whom were defeated by the destruction of the One Ring itself by Frodo Baggins (the real one).
  • The belief that we all go to Heaven except by wrongdoing, which can lead to Hell.  The spiritual childhood must undergo a series of trials before being accepted into Heaven.  A pardon from Hell or a tantrum in Heaven leads to reincarnation (or rebirth).
  • The belief that Danu is the Soverign Deity being the mother of all the Gods, into whom were created as the Tiathua to serve man and mankind.
  • The belief in the Gaidheal (lit. "highlander"), composed of five books from the Old Testament being Esther, Job, Psalms, Proverbs and Ecclesitaes.  It also has the Book of Matthaew and the Book of Revelations from the New Testament.

Whatever path you choose, may ye be blessed.

Blessed be.

Mew Xacata (Raven)

P.S. A ronin is a samauri without a master.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 4:09PM #2
Greentea89

That's what a ronin is!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2009 - 5:53PM #3
Raven.beliefnet.com

Aug 13, 2009 -- 4:09PM, Greentea89 wrote:

That's what a ronin is!!!

Technically, the New Ager is called a Reulseanach, or follower of Reul, into which the address is called Reulsean.  The term New Age is a neologism for the religion of Reul, founded by Danu in 10,000 B.C.  Her only intent was for these souls to mature, and to prove it, we have Reul as the third largest religion on Earth, bearing approximately 1 billion souls.  Of course, I mixed up the name Reul with Ronin.  My apologies.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2009 - 5:40PM #4
Raven.beliefnet.com

To be honest with you, I have made up this bullcrap about the New Age so as to distract you from my real duty: to do research on the New Age movement so that it will merge with Unitarian Universalism.  It has become so successful that every "New Ager" is a Unitarian.  All new age works are now Unitairan.  Of course, New Age music still maintains its status quo, only this time, under the heading "Unitarian."  What I am about to do right now is work on the Unitarian scriptures (or holy text).  We in UUism do believe in Danu, but in regard to the Lord do we have diverse beliefs.  If anyone else wants to write UU scripture, then may the best man win.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2010 - 5:52PM #5
Bob_Bennett

The closest thing there is to a new age religion is the teachings of Jesus, channeled from 1965 to 1973 and titled "A Course In Miracles".

Unitarianism just doesn't seem like a relilgion of any kind.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2010 - 7:29PM #6
Mewxacata

Pardon my psychedelic statement beforehand, but a New Ager is a New Ager.

Blessed be.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2011 - 11:07AM #7
Mewxacata

The New Age is a religion founded by Morgan LaFey in 10th century England but did not become established on its own until 1979.  The reason being is that if the religion was established during the later medieval period or the Renaissance, then it would be blank and empty.  With the space images from NASA, the New Age finally became a religion.

Of course, the New Ager has to be no older than 21 upon initiation or convertion.  Many adults try to be New Agers, only to fail.  These "wannabes" of the New Age religion were rejected by the [Glastonbury] Council, into whom felt the adults at this point would ruin the faith.

The reason that New Agers (and New Age) are called Ronin is because they practice their religion on their own or within a fellowship.  A ronin is a samauri without a master.  Get the point.

As a theologan, I would use the substitional technique used by various psychotherapists so as to help you think.  You do not want your brain to be lazy, do you?  The New Age wannabes are mentally lazy and would not lift a finger to help.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 months ago  ::  Jan 20, 2014 - 5:44PM #8
emily888

Hello ! I am a student doing a project on the New Age and I don't understand... What you wrote is it true or bullcrap as you said ? What is New Age ? Please explain to me, you would be very helpful...

Please reply as quickly as possible ! :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 months ago  ::  Jan 20, 2014 - 8:21PM #9
Freestyle
I was just kidding.  The New Age movement makes no sense.  I am really an Orthodox Pagan,the other stream being Eclectic.  Blessed be.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook