Switch to Forum Live View The New Age (Taoism)
5 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2009 - 2:21PM #1
Raven.beliefnet.com

Follow my pattern and you are in for a surprise.  There is a psychological threat to this world and that is the new age movement.  I know you guys are wanting to fulfill your souls, but you have to be careful with this stuff.  Simply put, I do not cram Nodhalinn down someone's throat, but please bear with me.  My research ends now!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2009 - 7:57PM #2
Chiah

There are no words...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2009 - 1:23PM #3
Neomonist

Jul 15, 2009 -- 2:21PM, Raven.beliefnet.com wrote:

The religion of Taoism is also of Celtic origin.  Founded by Ariel Merlin (Jessica Frodo), it was designed to bring wizards into the mainstream society and clear the world of wizards.  Based upon the Chinese philosophy thereof, it makes sense that a religion will actually clean up this planet of wizards (or nerds).  Think about it.  The Chinese philosophy is not a religion.

If this wasn't so sad, it would almost be funny.

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2009 - 1:23PM #4
Siribi

The 'religion' of Taoism? do you mean the heart? the root of?

"Tao is one of the most basic and comprehensive symbols in the Chinese language, the center of all philosophical and spiritual discourse. It may mean a path, a way, a principle, a method, a doctrine, a system of order; and it also may mean the matrix, structure, and reality of the universe itself.  Every art and science is called a Tao, or a way; but the source of everything, the fountain of all art and science, is called the Tao, or the Way. 

Taoism is based, first and foremost, on the experience of this universal Way the essential reality through which all derivative ways might be comprehended." - Thomas Cleary (The Essential Tao)

Maybe some sativa would put some clarity into your statement about whether the Tao is or isn't a religion?

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2009 - 6:43PM #5
gorm-sionnach

I am really, really tempted to simply delete this thread, since it has nothing to do with anything...

Is it sad then, that despite this, the board more active than it has been in the past two weeksFrown?

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2009 - 5:22AM #6
Chiah

Jul 16, 2009 -- 4:23PM, TomásFlannabhra wrote:

Jul 15, 2009 -- 7:57PM, Chiah wrote:

There are no words...

They are many, but they aren't nice words.

I know, but sometimes there are no words to adequately express just how wrong someone is...

I notice the original post has been edited as well.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook