Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View How do Seventh-day Adventists feel about the Investigative Judgment?
5 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2009 - 6:29PM #1
Shubee

What do Seventh-day Adventists know about the Investigative Judgment?

The standard of the Investigative Judgment is revealed in Matthew 25:31-46.

The Sheep and the Goats

31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44 "They also will answer,'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45 "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

If you want to understand how Adventists feel about the Investigative Judgment, then just ask a few about God's standard in the Judgment. Then ask them how much sympathy they have for those wrongly accused and jailed by the Adventist hierarchy for speaking to a church Elder about The Seven Faces of Seventh-day Adventism.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2009 - 9:51PM #2
Shubee

Jul 14, 2009 -- 6:29PM, Shubee wrote:

What do Seventh-day Adventists know about the Investigative Judgment?

The standard of the Investigative Judgment is revealed in Matthew 25:31-46.

The Sheep and the Goats

31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 "Then the King will say to those on his right,'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37 "Then the righteous will answer him,'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40 "The King will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44 "They also will answer,'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45 "He will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

If you want to understand how Adventists feel about the Investigative Judgment, then just ask a few about God's standard in the Judgment. Then ask them how much sympathy they have for those wrongly accused and jailed by the Adventist hierarchy for speaking to a church Elder about The Seven Faces of Seventh-day Adventism.

Is this rabble-rouser on the side of the great deceiver? Let’s put this troublemaker to the test.

Those who start up to proclaim a message on their own individual responsibility, who, while claiming to be taught and led of God, still make it their special work to tear down that which God has been for years building up, are not doing the will of God. Be it known that these men are on the side of the great deceiver. Believe them not. — Ellen G. White, The Faith I Live By, page 305.

To all appearances, it seems that Jesus was proclaiming a message on his own individual responsibility.

I think you can say he claimed to be taught and led of God.

Is it fair to say that Jesus had a special work of tearing down the church?

His days were passed in ministry to the crowds that pressed upon Him, and in unveiling the treacherous sophistry of the rabbis. MB 102.

How many of you believe it’s tearing down the church for Jesus to teach the following about the church leadership:

For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:20.

Was it outrageous for Jesus to publicly condemn church leaders? Is that tearing down the church?

Note that the Sermon on the Mount—including Matthew 5:20—was a public message. Who was present?

Besides the usual crowd from the Galilean towns, there were great numbers from Judea, and from Jerusalem itself; from Perea, and from the half-heathen population of Decapolis; from Idumea, away to the south of Judea, and from Tyre and Sidon, the Phoenician cities on the shore of the Mediterranean. “Hearing what great things He did,” they “came to hear Him, and to be healed of their diseases; and . . . power came forth from Him, and healed them all.” Mark 3:8, R.V.; Luke 6:17-19, R.V. — Ellen G. White, Thoughts From the Mount of Blessing, page 4, paragraph 2.

See also, The Desire of Ages, page 298, paragraph 2:

Besides the usual crowds from the Galilean towns, there were people from Judea, and even from Jerusalem itself; from Perea, from Decapolis, from Idumea, away to the south of Judea; and from Tyre and Sidon, the Phoenician cities on the shore of the Mediterranean. “When they had heard what great things He did,” they “came to hear Him, and to be healed of their diseases: . . . there went virtue out of Him, and healed them all.” Mark 3:8; Luke 6:17-19.

Jesus taught that “salvation is of the Jews” (John 4:22). Isn’t that enough proof that Jesus was for the church? Or did he have to say and believe good things about the church leadership? Or is it your judgment that Jesus should have said nothing negative at all?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2009 - 10:37PM #3
sincerly

Eugene, that view  you copied from your site is not the view of the Official SDA Church. The is the view of the "Reformed SDA Church". and erroneous.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2009 - 10:44PM #4
andrewcyrus

I suppose I don't want to be backbiting my fellow sda's by calling them cannibals that is if I don't want to be judged myself.

You know calling in em names with seven different faces, disrupting their congregations, attacking their pastors..

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2009 - 12:38AM #5
Shubee

Jul 14, 2009 -- 10:37PM, sincerly wrote:

Eugene, that view you copied from your site is not the view of the Official SDA Church.

Wrong. The Bible and the Spirit of prophecy are still widely accepted official beliefs of the SDA Church. And Seventh-day Adventists do not consider it a sin to ask challenging questions.

Jul 14, 2009 -- 10:44PM, andrewcyrus wrote:

I suppose I don't want to be backbiting my fellow sda's by calling them cannibals that is if I don't want to be judged myself.

Question: Did I call anyone a cannibal before I was hunted down and bitten by predatory cannibals? And are you saying that if anyone is bitten by a pack of even extraordinarily savage Adventist cannibals, then God requires the victim to be quiet about it? It happened to Sister White and she certainly wasn't quiet about her experience. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Seventh-day Adventist leadership, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jul 14, 2009 -- 10:44PM, andrewcyrus wrote:

You know calling in em names with seven different faces, disrupting their congregations, attacking their pastors..

Aren't you just a little bit confused? The Seven Faces of Seventh-day Adventism is an Ellen G. White compilation. Being stimulating food for sin-starved cannibals is not a sin. And I was the one attacked. Furthermore, unchristian attacks on me for stating truth continue up to this very moment on this thread.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2009 - 1:22AM #6
Shubee

How do Seventh-day Adventists feel about the Investigative Judgment?

I wish to emphasize a simple truth: This thread is about the Adventist perception of their own righteousness in the light of revealed corporate debauchery and Christ's high standard of acceptable Christian behavior in the Investigative Judgment.

The is the view of the "Reformed SDA Church". and erroneous.

In terms of beliefs or affections, I have no affiliation with the "Reformed SDA Church." You are misrepresenting me constantly. Instead of trying to derail the stated purpose of this thread, as specified in the opening post, why don't you answer the questions that I have asked?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2009 - 1:09AM #7
sincerly

Jul 15, 2009 -- 1:22AM, Shubee wrote:

How do Seventh-day Adventists feel about the Investigative Judgment?

I wish to emphasize a simple truth: This thread is about the Adventist perception of their own righteousness in the light of revealed corporate debauchery and Christ's high standard of acceptable Christian behavior in the Investigative Judgment.

The is the view of the "Reformed SDA Church". and erroneous.

In terms of beliefs or affections, I have no affiliation with the "Reformed SDA Church." You are misrepresenting me constantly. Instead of trying to derail the stated purpose of this thread, as specified in the opening post, why don't you answer the questions that I have asked?

Let's see if "Shubee" is telling the truth----by posting on his site: 

A Reform-minded Seventh-day Adventist forum Forum Index    FAQ    Search    Members    Profile    Register

The Coming Purification of the Seventh-day Adventist Church