Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Charismatic Seventh-day Adventist Churches
5 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2009 - 11:50AM #1
Shubee

Is Celebration Center SDA Church, pastored by Steve Daily, a denominationally approved Seventh-day Adventist church?  See Kingdom Adventism p. 8.

Are there any other charismatic Seventh-day Adventist churches that the Adventist hierarchy recognizes as part of the Seventh-day Adventist denomination?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2009 - 3:03PM #2
sincerly

Jul 7, 2009 -- 11:50AM, Shubee wrote:

Is Celebration Center SDA Church, pastored by Steve Daily, a denominationally approved Seventh-day Adventist church?  See Kingdom Adventism p. 8.

Are there any other charismatic Seventh-day Adventist churches that the Adventist hierarchy recognizes as part of the Seventh-day Adventist denomination?

Eugene, you asked "IS?" and then "ARE?" as if you had your answer. Neither is Your "Reformed Church" recognized.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2009 - 12:20AM #3
Shubee

Jul 7, 2009 -- 11:50AM, Shubee wrote:

The answer is yes. They are listed in the Adventist Organizational Directory.

What does Pastor Steve Daily believe?

Steve Daily wrote:

May 17th, 2009 at 2:49 am

Hey Jennifer,

Thanks for posting my response to your email on the web site, as I requested, to update people about what happened back in Tampa. Now that I’ve made it through our weekend services, I want to provide a little more detail about the trip.

I was totally impressed with Rodney Howard-Browne and his church. He moves at a level of anointing that is truly mind-boggling. I had the privilege of sitting next to him at the minister’s luncheon, during the week, and was the recipient of a powerful prophetic word that he pronounced over me, Celebration Center, and the Adventist Church. I will try to recall it word for word as best I can.

“God is pleased with the heart and the interdenominational spirit of this servant. He has seen what you have suffered for His kingdom and is ready to pour out His blessings and favor on your ministry. The Lord is going to use this man to raise up an army in his church and in the Adventist denomination that will trumpet the true Gospel, release His Holy Spirit with fire, and that will produce a harvest of souls that will result from this revival for years to come. So be strong and courageous and persevere unto the end.”

That same evening Rodney had me give a testimony before his full house and TV cameras, of what God had done in our church and community through the great awakening tour. And he used the inclusion of Adventists in the revival, as a recurring theme of God’s inclusiveness, in his remarks that evening. Finally, when Rodney imparted and prayed over me in the meeting I felt a powerful move of God that allowed me to experience holy laughter to the greatest degree I have experienced to this point. Being of Northern European descent, I am not one who manifests easily (I tend to suffer from emotional constipation), but this move of God was powerful and i believe it will release me into a greater boldness in my street ministry. God bless, sd  — Source:  kingdomadventism.com/?p=65

I believe it's fitting that just before God's judgments are to be poured out on a sinful world and on the apostate Christian church that, instead of warning the world, many charismatics are consumed with spiritual drunkenness. This is a sign of the end of the world.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_CkZWTvKBc
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn6FF5nhTSs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mqkt7nHong

And charismatic Adventists, like Pastor Steve Daily, believe this is the Spirit of God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2009 - 12:39PM #4
sincerly

I'm inquiring, but your Reformed SDA Church isn't.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2009 - 1:17PM #5
Shubee

Here is another thrilling Rodney Howard-Browne evangelistic event. Isn't it wonderful how Seventh-day Adventists are becoming so ecumenical? www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAuSmLMxRpI

However, it might not be wise to blindly believe everything the denomination tells us. Scripture commands us to test the spirits (1 John 4:1). I am happy to do so, even though I often receive a lot of flak for it.

I am well known for testing the spirits. I also put them under a microscope, classify them scientifically and publish a "known associates" file.
www.everythingimportant.org/gospel/7face...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 12, 2009 - 2:11PM #6
sincerly

Eugene, you do have a site which is opposed to the Official SDA Church.  And the LIE is that your writings are as if you are a member of the Official SDA Church. Notice from this last post of yours:

" it might not be wise to blindly believe everything the denomination tells us". The same subtlety of Satan. And the results of believing a lie will be the same.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2009 - 9:46PM #7
Shubee

Jul 9, 2009 -- 1:17PM, Shubee wrote:

Here is another thrilling Rodney Howard-Browne evangelistic event. Isn't it wonderful how Seventh-day Adventists are becoming so ecumenical? www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAuSmLMxRpI

However, it might not be wise to blindly believe everything the denomination tells us. Scripture commands us to test the spirits (1 John 4:1). I am happy to do so, even though I often receive a lot of flak for it.

I am well known for testing the spirits. I also put them under a microscope, classify them scientifically and publish a "known associates" file.
www.everythingimportant.org/gospel/7face...

Is this rabble-rouser on the side of the great deceiver? Let’s put this troublemaker to the test.

Those who start up to proclaim a message on their own individual responsibility, who, while claiming to be taught and led of God, still make it their special work to tear down that which God has been for years building up, are not doing the will of God. Be it known that these men are on the side of the great deceiver. Believe them not. — Ellen G. White, The Faith I Live By, page 305.

To all appearances, it seems that Jesus was proclaiming a message on his own individual responsibility.

I think you can say he claimed to be taught and led of God.

Is it fair to say that Jesus had a special work of tearing down the church?

His days were passed in ministry to the crowds that pressed upon Him, and in unveiling the treacherous sophistry of the rabbis. MB 102.

How many of you believe it’s tearing down the church for Jesus to teach the following about the church leadership:

For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:20.

Was it outrageous for Jesus to publicly condemn church leaders? Is that tearing down the church?

Note that the Sermon on the Mount—including Matthew 5:20—was a public message. Who was present?

Besides the usual crowd from the Galilean towns, there were great numbers from Judea, and from Jerusalem itself; from Perea, and from the half-heathen population of Decapolis; from Idumea, away to the south of Judea, and from Tyre and Sidon, the Phoenician cities on the shore of the Mediterranean. “Hearing what great things He did,” they “came to hear Him, and to be healed of their diseases; and . . . power came forth from Him, and healed them all.” Mark 3:8, R.V.; Luke 6:17-19, R.V. — Ellen G. White, Thoughts From the Mount of Blessing, page 4, paragraph 2.

See also, The Desire of Ages, page 298, paragraph 2:

Besides the usual crowds from the Galilean towns, there were people from Judea, and even from Jerusalem itself; from Perea, from Decapolis, from Idumea, away to the south of Judea; and from Tyre and Sidon, the Phoenician cities on the shore of the Mediterranean. “When they had heard what great things He did,” they “came to hear Him, and to be healed of their diseases: . . . there went virtue out of Him, and healed them all.” Mark 3:8; Luke 6:17-19.

Jesus taught that “salvation is of the Jews” (John 4:22). Isn’t that enough proof that Jesus was for the church? Or did he have to say and believe good things about the church leadership? Or is it your judgment that Jesus should have said nothing negative at all?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2009 - 10:48PM #8
sincerly

Shubee, that which Christ did and what you are doing are world's apart. it is your intentions to tear down the Official SDA Church in an effort to build up your spurious "reformed sda church",

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2009 - 9:25PM #9
Josie57

Hello All,

Lately I have done some research and I am convinced that the Sabbath is from Friday sunset to Saturday Sunset.  I am a life long Baptist and have attended Non Denominational, AME and COGIC services.  Neither stuck on me.  I have done some reading on SDA Church and it appears have a sound doctrine that I deeply identify with.  Could someone who is a member please contact me as I have many questions that only someone who is an active member can answer.  I will eagerly look forward to a communication from someone soon.

Jo

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2009 - 8:51PM #10
sincerly

Nov 24, 2009 -- 9:25PM, Josie57 wrote:

Hello All,

Lately I have done some research and I am convinced that the Sabbath is from Friday sunset to Saturday Sunset.  I am a life long Baptist and have attended Non Denominational, AME and COGIC services.  Neither stuck on me.  I have done some reading on SDA Church and it appears have a sound doctrine that I deeply identify with.  Could someone who is a member please contact me as I have many questions that only someone who is an active member can answer.  I will eagerly look forward to a communication from someone soon.

Jo

Jo, This site is for SDA's to converse with one another. However, as you see other's have started "Debate/non SDA belief's". Therefore, Ask away, just don't press for debating. We will be happy to explore hard to understand verses. 
 However, if your question is not in tune with the "thread topic", please start a thread of that topic if there isn't one already started in the "menu'.

Looking forward to your questions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook