5 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2009 - 4:35PM #1
Jupiter6208

Hello 

I'm looking to start Buddhist  Meditation  this group is near me 

would they be recommended?

www.tubtenkunga.org

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2009 - 1:48PM #2
ronnewmexico

I am just a layperson, but yes, this seems like a very nice group to begin such a thing. They are affiliated with the Dali Lamas school of Buddhism, to my knowledge which emphasizes the logical rational consideration of Buddhism foundational beliefs, Galug. There are several forms of recognized authentic Buddhism thought, that have arisin in Tibet This is one of them.

Since this is the school of the Dali Lama his published works may also be used to explore and expand ones knowledge in this area. Contact the teacher, and she or he may recommend literature. All his books are a good read but some focus on issues that may be more useful to one exploreing meditation and Buddhism than one interested in general public issues.

Thank you for providing the opportunity to discuss this issue and offer recommendation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2009 - 3:03PM #3
Bhakta_glenn

Namgyal Monastery Institute of Buddhist Studies is the North American Seat of the Personal Monastery of His Holiness the Dalai Lama:

www.namgyal.org/events/

Bodhicitta

www.bodhicitta.net/The%20purpose%20of%20...

May I wish you well with your new Buddhist practice.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook