Switch to Forum Live View Hello ! I am looking to talk to a buddhist, because it has helped me before in my life very...
6 years ago  ::  May 22, 2009 - 9:36AM #1
elskende

Hello ! 

I am looking to talk to a buddhist, because it has helped me before in my life very much. I feel like i have to start my life over again. I am very sad, very confused, very desperate, very afriad. Right now i don´t go to any work or school.   I went to India and stayed there at a buddhist center for a little while an talked to a buddhist from England. I told him that i have a dream to make a band with members from diffrent parts of the world, and that i had been playing music before but was not certain if i should continue with it. He told me that "This is a time for action", "What can you accomplish thinking".   I have been trying for three years to make such a band, but without no success, i am living in a psyciatric institution, and it feels like i have lost everything, my self, my heart, my life. I am very very afriad. It feels like there is no more. maybe i am making a fool  out of myself writing this post. oh well. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 22, 2009 - 11:33PM #2
RenGalskap
Hi elskende,

It seems like the person who helped you before was able to help because the two of you could talk face to face and he was interested and friendly. I don't think the fact that he was Buddhist had much to do with it. Try to find someone in your present location that you can have conversations with. I think that will be more help than discussing Buddhism with faceless strangers on a discussion forum.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2009 - 1:36AM #3
nnn123

re original post

so sorry about your difficulties

take care

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2009 - 2:12PM #4
Silverada

May 22, 2009 -- 9:36AM, elskende wrote:

Hello ! 

I am looking to talk to a buddhist, because it has helped me before in my life very much. I feel like i have to start my life over again. I am very sad, very confused, very desperate, very afriad. Right now i don´t go to any work or school.   I went to India and stayed there at a buddhist center for a little while an talked to a buddhist from England. I told him that i have a dream to make a band with members from diffrent parts of the world, and that i had been playing music before but was not certain if i should continue with it. He told me that "This is a time for action", "What can you accomplish thinking".   I have been trying for three years to make such a band, but without no success, i am living in a psyciatric institution, and it feels like i have lost everything, my self, my heart, my life. I am very very afriad. It feels like there is no more. maybe i am making a fool  out of myself writing this post. oh well. 

Elks

I  feel very compelled to answer you because of all the anguish your written words transmit either they are legitimate or not.  Buddhism do not have a magic wand that make disappear all troubles and suffering per se. The road to find yourself is a life time project that take a lot of determination, concentration, and renunciation-  Not all our dreams will come through, believe me, but  being conscious of your present time, without the interfering of past experiences will prepare you to confront the different challenges of life. Be aware of your own reality, make the best of all situation based on intuition, your heart and faith. Relay on your own being, not in your ego, be mindfull, compassionate and demonstrate loving care for all sentient and insentient beings.  Remember you are the road, the mean and also the goal.  Peace and love.    

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2009 - 11:33AM #5
Tomatoeraincow

Elks, 

You seem very lost, like you've lost direction in life and that you're losing ground from what you first believed in --your music and band. 

Buddhism won't be your cure if you're looking for someone to bring you out from your sufferings. Buddhism looks within. The only person that can change the way you are is YOU, yourself. You have to WANT to change your situation, YOU have to have the determination, the discipline, the strength. Buddhism would very much help you excel within yourself. 

When you conquer your own mind, you conquer the world. 

You need to set your direction in life. You may be on the road, waiting, eager to run for miles without stopping, but without a destination, you'll never finish that race you started.  

List down 5 things you want to accomplish.
Then list down 8 core thoughts and values that would pull you through life's toughest times. For eg : 'Have the strength to continue even when I bleed', 'Have complete faith in myself', 'Cause No harm to any being'

Keep these lists close to you. Look at them when you feel beaten up. Use these to help you relocate your destination in life. 

And of course, Meditation is very much advised. It would clear your mind, open your heart, etc. Do meditate. Meditate even before you write down those list of things to completely clear your mind and sort of, 'refresh' your tangled up thoughts into clean, new, sleek sheets of white paper. Let meditation renew your mind and body, and hopefully, your life.  

At last, remember : Don't quit when faced with challenges; only stop when you've conquered them. 

All the best. 

With Metta,
Mel.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2009 - 12:21PM #6
etoro

Elskende:

Peace and happiness my friend.  The most important thing you must do is to mantain your contact with your fellow human beings. Please insist on human dialogue.  Continue to express yourself, your feelings, your heart. Share your thoughts.  Insist on feed back. Human life is an interdependent reality. There is no such thing as an isolated individual with a personality. Personality derives from mutual interaction. Human beings are not born out of thin air. They derive from each other. We are one human family. You are an inherently dignified member of that family by virtue of your true existence and life in this world.  Speak, act and express your human dignity.  You deserve to be embraced and to contribute your heart.  Your sounds should fill the universe with love, joy, agony and a great quest.

Move forward and fullfill your purpose in this world no matter what!!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook