Switch to Forum Live View Why I like being a Maltheist
6 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 5:55PM #1
moyzo1

A new thread in a different part of beliefnet that I invite all of the maltheists here to post what they like about being a maltheist.

community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/4...

Feel free to post your reasons there.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 27, 2009 - 5:27AM #2
whichone

I like maltheism because:

I can freely express my suspicion that God does not care at all about our personal welfare. 

There is no evidence in the violent childhood that I survived that God is good.  The criminals continued freedom and apparent enjoyment of their lives seem to indicate that God is not just.  In fact there is a huge amount of personal experience that leads me to believe that God is greatly entertained by the suffering "his' people go through.  To think God is good, just, loving, and active in our lives when all the evidence shows otherwise is crazy making.  I feel more sane when my beliefs match the evidence.  I realize it would probably be more rational to be an atheists, but it is hard for me to wrap my mind around humans invented all this religion crap and murder in the name of religion.....though it is entirely possible.    Maybe my imagination is over active or it is a flaw of the human brain, but I get the distinct impression that there is something bigger than me taking a dump on my life.  Bottom line to me maltheism makes more sense of evil, violence, and the experiences of my life than do the good god theories.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2009 - 5:48PM #3
Sephiroth666

I like Maltheism because I know God and satan are both real, and when one stops looking at the holy veneer god puts on, like a shield, and looks at his dealings with mankind in anger when they don't do as he wants them to, the veil shifts, and one sees odd in his true light, for the immature hypocrite he really is. When I looked more closely at god, I was amazed at how i so blindly and ignorantly looked past things which are so terrible and pose so great a problem. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook