6 years ago  ::  May 12, 2009 - 12:25PM #1
marketman

I need a bit of advice. I have been studying for some time... about 1.5 years now. I have learned so much but have so much more to learn, as well... I have had the same study conductor for the whole time. We met at our place of employment. Recently, about a month ago, we were all laid off.

I tried and tried in the subsequent weeks to contact him with no avail. It was like I was dropped like a box of rocks. When I finally heard from him, he said he did not have the time for the study... I don't understand. He always told me that the Minsitry was #1 and it needed to be #1 in all our lives, more important than anything else. It's been 5 weeks now and I have received only a couple of emails.

Especially at this time, when we are all anxious about the economy and what not... now is the time to turn to Jehovah and pray to him to help us find the courage and perseverance to move on... I don't know what to do... was he not sincere this whole time...

I am very upset by this. Does anyone have any advice to offer?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 12, 2009 - 1:00PM #2
marken

Only  your  bible  study  conductor  could  adequately  explain  his   actions  to  you.  

My  advice  would  be,  if you  feel  after  your  year  and  a half of  bible  study  that  Jehovah's  Witnesses  are worthwhile, is  to  find  your  nearest  Kingdom  Hall  and  take  any problems  this  has  caused  you  to  the  elders  of  that  congregation.   Let  them  help  you. 

Individual   Christians can  be  very  weak.   That  is  why  we  need  the organization.   

with  affection  from  Marken

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 12, 2009 - 1:55PM #3
Phronesis

I would ditto Marken's answer.

He probably was very sincere, but often when we think we are strong, we are weak, especially if we fail to trust in Jehovah.

"Consequently let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall." - 1 Corinthians 10:12.

"Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen ... ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, that I am God." - Isaiah 43:10, 12, ASV.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook