Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Yoda: the way, the truth, & the light
6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 4:22AM #1
Amilius1970

If you listen carefully to almost everything that Yoda has said, you will be able to recite and write a whole text pertaining to "The Ways of The Force".  Yoda holds the key to becoming a Jedi.  Why do you think he is the one who trained most of the Jedi after he all of a sudden just appeared out of nowhere?  Why can't anybody tell you who trained Yoda?  He is of an unknown race.  And most of his past is vague.  Why is that so?  But most importantly, when Yoda dies, he simply became one with the Force.  He's the only one who has done that.  All of the other Jedi have died in battle except Yoda.  Yoda kept himself in meditation.  Now, as far as books go, the only thing that comes close to explaining and showing how to become a Jedi would be "A Search For God"-books 1 & 2 by Edgar Cayce (A.R.E. Press).  It is "Christian" based in it's language, however, it does give he reader a road map using meditaion.  Who is Edgar Cayce?  Edgar Cayce was a clairvoyant and an oracle.  This will help you get closer to your goal of learning the ways of the Force.  Please check it out.  And oh yeah,...May The Force Be With You

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 11, 2009 - 5:23PM #2
gorm-sionnach

Apr 27, 2009 -- 4:22AM, Amilius1970 wrote:

If you listen carefully to almost everything that Yoda has said, you will be able to recite and write a whole text pertaining to "The Ways of The Force". Yoda holds the key to becoming a Jedi.  Why do you think he is the one who trained most of the Jedi after he all of a sudden just appeared out of nowhere?  Why can't anybody tell you who trained Yoda?  He is of an unknown race.  And most of his past is vague.  Why is that so?  But most importantly, when Yoda dies, he simply became one with the Force.  He's the only one who has done that.

Yoda was not the first Jedi the Jedi had existed for millenia before Yoda was born and he was not the only member of his race who was a Jedi; Master Yaddle was of the same race (which is unidentified), and is killed between episode I and II.

Yoda learns of thr technique to retain his conciousness when merged with the Force from Qui Gon Jin, and then later passes it onto Obi Wan Kenobi. For some reason Anakin Skywalker also learns of this technique. I am certain that Luke Skywalker also learns the technique, and makes use of it while he is "dead".

Further, that Luke Skywalker restarts the Jedi Order after the events of episode VI, proves that Yoda is not the only one who was capable of making someone a Jedi.

]All of the other Jedi have died in battle except Yoda.   wrote:

All of the other Jedi have died in battle except Yoda.  Yoda kept himself in meditation.  Now, as far as books go, the only thing that comes close to explaining and showing how to become a Jedi would be "A Search For God"-books 1 & 2 by Edgar Cayce (A.R.E. Press).  It is "Christian" based in it's language, however, it does give he reader a road map using meditaion.  Who is Edgar Cayce?  Edgar Cayce was a clairvoyant and an oracle.  This will help you get closer to your goal of learning the ways of the Force.  Please check it out.  And oh yeah,...May The Force Be With You

I would suggest the Jedi vs Sith: Essential Guide to the Force, which not only contains the history of both the Jedi and Sith orders, but also the techniques, philosophies and beliefs of both the Jedi and Sith, if you are looking for cannonical information about the beliefs of the Jedi.

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 16, 2009 - 11:59PM #3
Amilius1970

Not saying that Yoda was the first.  Not saying that Yoda was the last.  However, Yoda was the best and the wisest Jedi that has ever been presented in the whole story line.  Even though his voice reminds one of His Holiness The Dalai Lama(LOL) .  Yoda is really the only ascended master; everyone else has died in battle.  Yoda became one with the force much like Christians believe that Jesus ascended to the Heavenly realm and became one with The Father (i.e., God...The Almighty Creator, The Force).

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2009 - 3:12PM #4
Astasophi

Well - let's face it - Yoda had many terrific movie lines and I thought they had a lot of meaning. 

As someone who follows "The Jedi Path" I find meaning in all words - isn't the Force a part of all things?

Personally - the Jedi Code has always been my favorite.   The more time that passes - the deeper I seem to find meaning within it - as all prayers and messages of a spiritual type can grow and develop with us.

But yes - Yoda has a "way" and a "message" that has appealed to many!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2009 - 6:51PM #5
gorm-sionnach

May 16, 2009 -- 11:59PM, Amilius1970 wrote:

Not saying that Yoda was the first.  Not saying that Yoda was the last.  However, Yoda was the best and the wisest Jedi that has ever been presented in the whole story line.  Even though his voice reminds one of His Holiness The Dalai Lama(LOL) .  Yoda is really the only ascended master; everyone else has died in battle.  Yoda became one with the force much like Christians believe that Jesus ascended to the Heavenly realm and became one with The Father (i.e., God...The Almighty Creator, The Force).

Technically, while it is true that Obi-Wan was engaged in a battle when he ascended, he chose to ascend before Vader was able to strike the final blow (Hence his robes are empty before Vader strikes).

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2009 - 1:21AM #6
Amilius1970

Has anyone ever quoted Yoda on what he had to say about The Force?  Has anybody even taken the time to study his life's story as given in Star Wars history books and the website's database?  If you do just a little bit of homework, I'm sure you'll find that Yoda really is somewhat of a messianic figure.  He sought to teach and help develope the padawans who were going to become future Jedi rather than hold the highest ranking postion on the counsil.  Has anybody ever wondered if the colors of the light sabre are supposed to reflect the soul or chakra level of the Jedi?  hmmm... seems like there is more to Yoda than what George Lucas has been willing to tell.  But of course, that would take away from Skywalker theme - can't sell movie tickets based on a little green creature - not a good marketing scheme.  Besides, people wouldn't buy it.  So, he had to be smart and sneak it in the story line.  Just remember this: the student can never be greater than the teacher.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2009 - 9:07PM #7
Astasophi

I am more about the idea of the philosophy/spirituality/body-mind-spirit lifestyle and lifelong learning and training aspect of the Jedi... But I have to agree - Yoda was not "fleshed-out" as he might have been. I never considered him messiahnic - but he is an enigmatic character - especially considering some of his more famour quotes. Back in the day when RPG was more the thing in the Jedi Community I imagine Yoda may have been more considered. That was before my time I'm afraid. I think RPG can be a really interesting way to study a character by either interacting with him in RPG or trying to fit inside his green skin. Lots to consider... : )

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 8:03PM #8
Amilius1970

Being such a fan of gnosticism and free exploration, I would never tell anybody to take my word as gospel.  I Hate Dogma.  So, if you want to take a look for yourself, and read about his life's story in brief, here is a link:  

www.starwars.com/databank/character/yoda...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2009 - 11:29PM #9
Astasophi

I hadn't seen that before - it was interesting...

Yoda's quotes are really what make Yoda important as a figure in Star Wars.  It would be interesting to hear what George Lucas would create for Yoda's history.  **I especially thought the explanation of the "dark Froce tree" on Degobah interesting - as the film does show the forest and in particular one tree...  I wonder...  Heh.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2009 - 4:04PM #10
gorm-sionnach

Jul 13, 2009 -- 1:21AM, Amilius1970 wrote:

Has anyone ever quoted Yoda on what he had to say about The Force?  Has anybody even taken the time to study his life's story as given in Star Wars history books and the website's database?  If you do just a little bit of homework, I'm sure you'll find that Yoda really is somewhat of a messianic figure.  He sought to teach and help develope the padawans who were going to become future Jedi rather than hold the highest ranking postion on the counsil.  Has anybody ever wondered if the colors of the light sabre are supposed to reflect the soul or chakra level of the Jedi?  hmmm... seems like there is more to Yoda than what George Lucas has been willing to tell.  But of course, that would take away from Skywalker theme - can't sell movie tickets based on a little green creature - not a good marketing scheme.  Besides, people wouldn't buy it.  So, he had to be smart and sneak it in the story line.  Just remember this: the student can never be greater than the teacher.  

The Chakras have nothing to do with the colour of light sabre blades, the colour is actually depenedent upon the period in republic history, and the needs of the jedi/sith at the time. Traditionally, the differing colour of blades is representitive of the function or path of a specific Jedi, but this does not leave out totally arbitrary reasons.

Secondly, Yoda is the head of the Jedi council, although he also teaches younglings of the foundations of the Force (something which puts him an especially good posistion to train Luke) and little is actually known about his life story, and even less about his species (which has never been given a name) and only two other of his kind are recorded, Master's Yaddle and another from the Old Republic, his name escapes me at the moment.

I think you're merely projecting your own beliefs into an existing mythology, which already has perfectly understood explanations for it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook