Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Yoda: the way, the truth, & the light
5 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2009 - 4:44PM #11
Amilius1970

Aug 14, 2009 -- 4:04PM, gorm-sionnach wrote:

Jul 13, 2009 -- 1:21AM, Amilius1970 wrote:

Has anyone ever quoted Yoda on what he had to say about The Force?  Has anybody even taken the time to study his life's story as given in Star Wars history books and the website's database?  If you do just a little bit of homework, I'm sure you'll find that Yoda really is somewhat of a messianic figure.  He sought to teach and help develope the padawans who were going to become future Jedi rather than hold the highest ranking postion on the counsil.  Has anybody ever wondered if the colors of the light sabre are supposed to reflect the soul or chakra level of the Jedi?  hmmm... seems like there is more to Yoda than what George Lucas has been willing to tell.  But of course, that would take away from Skywalker theme - can't sell movie tickets based on a little green creature - not a good marketing scheme.  Besides, people wouldn't buy it.  So, he had to be smart and sneak it in the story line.  Just remember this: the student can never be greater than the teacher.  

The Chakras have nothing to do with the colour of light sabre blades, the colour is actually depenedent upon the period in republic history, and the needs of the jedi/sith at the time. Traditionally, the differing colour of blades is representitive of the function or path of a specific Jedi, but this does not leave out totally arbitrary reasons.

Secondly, Yoda is the head of the Jedi council, although he also teaches younglings of the foundations of the Force (something which puts him an especially good posistion to train Luke) and little is actually known about his life story, and even less about his species (which has never been given a name) and only two other of his kind are recorded, Master's Yaddle and another from the Old Republic, his name escapes me at the moment.

I think you're merely projecting your own beliefs into an existing mythology, which already has perfectly understood explanations for it.

Surprised  First of all, I have no projections of any beliefs - Messianic, Abrahamic, Judaic, Christian, Islamic, or whatever.  I am only stating facts about this "existing mythology" which already DOES NOT have "perfectly understood explanations for it".  Secondly, most of the information that I have about Yoda comes from either the Star Wars website or the Star Wars: the Essential Chronology (the definitive history of the Star Wars universe) book, printed and published byDel Rey Books/The Ballantine Publishing Group/Lucas Books.  And the text of this book is by Kevin J. Anderson and Daniel Wallace.  This is the source of my facts.  Now, as far as the whole "The Way, The Truth, & The Light" thing go's and holding the colors of the chakras in comparison to the colors of the light sabre blades, that's all something that I drew from Eastern practices and methodology.

Lastly, I would just like to say that unless George Lucas himself has given any confirmation of anything concerning Master Yoda, we all can only speculate as to what is the truth behind Master Yoda's mysterious entering and exiting in this whole story line.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2010 - 2:09AM #12
Puresoul

I Believe You Are Right About Yoda. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2010 - 7:56PM #13
Puresoul

Did Yoda and the Jedi meditated a lot? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2010 - 1:42AM #14
Utilyan

Remember when Yoda tells Luke "never his mind where he was and what he was doing".   Always looking to the horizon and the future.

Meditation is basicly stay within that present moment and remain mindful.

They don't crave adventure or excitement cause that will screw up their mindfulness.

"mindful of the future but not at the expense of the present moment."

Thats why Yoda says stuff like "DO OR DO NOT there is NO TRY".

Cause if someone is "Trying"   they still not complete in their action they got a thought carried thats only taking them out of thier "zone".

Deepest commitment and most serious mind.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook