Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Why did God give man intelligence and then forbid it's use?
6 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2009 - 4:12PM #1
Greatest I am
Posts: 3,698

Why did God give man intelligence and then forbid it's use?


Adam and Eve are our archetypal first humans. All humans are to emulate them.


They were not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil that gives us our moral sense.


Without this knowledge we would basically be as dumb as cows because without knowledge of good and evil, we would have no knowledge of most of what we know. Almost no dialog can take place without this knowledge as almost all issues have a good and evil aspect. Intelligence then cannot progress without this knowledge.


Why then would God want more baser animals instead of the intelligent man that has developed thank to Eve eating of the tree of knowledge?


Without moral sense we would not know why we follow God.


Sheeple instead of people in biblical terms.


Why does God want to keep man dumb instead of intelligent?


Why stifle man instead of letting him go to his full potential?


Man chose that route to potential but it seems that some think that God was right.


Was He or was man right to reach for a moral sense?


Would you stop Eve and lose YOUR moral sense?


Regards


DL


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 07, 2009 - 5:53AM #2
BBarton
Posts: 1,670

Adam and Eve were the physical creation.  There was a soul creation in the 1st chapter of Genesis, where a divine, "WE" creates Man, "Male and female, created we them".


Much more is being told in the Adam and Eve story.  It's easily forggoten, that it's the patriarchal version that made it through today; however, let me share what the matriarchal version might be....  Also you might check out "Goylem" of Hebrew folklore.


In the beginning, Adam and Eve lived in paradise and worried for nothing.  Among all the trees there were two special trees; one of knowledge and one of eternal life.  The full command was not to eat of the tree of knowledge without mother, Wisdom. 


Truth or knowledge without love can be cruel even ignorant and at such a root level, one can only imagine what reverberations of havoc might ignite, much like a Pandora's box.  Anyway, Eve ate of the Tree of Knowledge with Wisdom's guidance and found it wonderful.  When she tried to share it with Adam, he worse than ignored Wisdom; he treated his mother like a paraiah or snake to be crushed under his heel.  He thought himself over Wisdom and Eve and tried to ignore his father as well.  Contrary to nurturing, he seeks dominion and blames everyone, but himself and his kind for holding the shared reality in to base one, two, and three dimensional realms in bondage to fear, ignorance, anger, and destruction. 


Of couse, the Tree of Eternal life had to be kept from such abhorance to limit it to temporal realms.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 07, 2009 - 6:53AM #3
Greatest I am
Posts: 3,698

So the moral of the story is what?


In the Christian version, woman is blamed for woes and her place is behind man.


In your version, it reverses and man is the woe maker.


The same problem exists in both versions.


Wisdom cannot be had without knowledge.


 


Am I missing a deeper message?


 


Regards


DL 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 11, 2009 - 1:59PM #4
BBarton
Posts: 1,670

By excommunicating our divine Mother, from our religions, from our awareness, from the truth of our hearts, we lose ourselves, our humanity, the Christ, the perfect child; because we damn ourselves to a world of dominion questors rather than nurturers and seekers.  Why else would we damn each other, let our religions and leaders promote war, greed, or selfishness unless we failed to see or raise Christ in ourselves, neighbors, or the world so loved?  I don't think God, the Father or Jesus failed in the mission, but that it is we, who are nearsighted or fail to see altogether.    


Love is energy, thoughts are energy and energy has mass and mass has gravitational pull. 


The ancient Wisdom is being revealed and waking her children to the oneness of being.  Not apart, but part of.  One with.  When parents divorce, children are often ripped apart in their parents' war.  What happens to the psyche when one aspect is revered and the other ignored or mocked?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 11, 2009 - 2:11PM #5
Greatest I am
Posts: 3,698

May 11, 2009 -- 1:59PM, BBarton wrote:


By excommunicating our divine Mother, from our religions, from our awareness, from the truth of our hearts, we lose ourselves, our humanity, the Christ, the perfect child; because we damn ourselves to a world of dominion questors rather than nurturers and seekers.  Why else would we damn each other, let our religions and leaders promote war, greed, or selfishness unless we failed to see or raise Christ in ourselves, neighbors, or the world so loved?  I don't think God, the Father or Jesus failed in the mission, but that it is we, who are nearsighted or fail to see altogether.    


Love is energy, thoughts are energy and energy has mass and mass has gravitational pull. 


The ancient Wisdom is being revealed and waking her children to the oneness of being.  Not apart, but part of.  One with.  When parents divorce, children are often ripped apart in their parents' war.  What happens to the psyche when one aspect is revered and the other ignored or mocked?




Speak to me or the issue.


If you want to preach to the crowd, go do it elsewhere.


 


Regards


DL

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 11, 2009 - 2:38PM #6
BBarton
Posts: 1,670

I think all stories, mythologies, etc... that have been passed down through the ages are the Ancients trying to share a truth.  I wrote of what I believe some of that truth to be.  You asked for more.  I'm not preaching at you, and apparently misunderstood in thinking you wanted to exchange any observations other than your own.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 9:04AM #7
Greatest I am
Posts: 3,698

May 11, 2009 -- 2:38PM, BBarton wrote:


I think all stories, mythologies, etc... that have been passed down through the ages are the Ancients trying to share a truth.  I wrote of what I believe some of that truth to be.  You asked for more.  I'm not preaching at you, and apparently misunderstood in thinking you wanted to exchange any observations other than your own.


 




I do. On the OP.


You have yet to speak to it except to call it a myth. I agree on this point. Now if you would like to speculate as to why, in the myth, God does not want man to have moral sense.


 


Regards


DL


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 18, 2009 - 7:16AM #8
BBarton
Posts: 1,670

You posted the traditional patriarchal myth.  I posted the same tale, but from the matriarchal (unexplored, underappreciated, ignored) point of view and where it leaves humanity.  You posted the one side with the assuption that God doesn't want us to have moral sense.  I can't agree because I think it's a skewed version to begin with.  I think it shows man's preference for ignorance over wisdom, which he treads upon throughout the ages.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 19, 2009 - 11:04AM #9
Greatest I am
Posts: 3,698

May 18, 2009 -- 7:16AM, BBarton wrote:


You posted the traditional patriarchal myth.  I posted the same tale, but from the matriarchal (unexplored, underappreciated, ignored) point of view and where it leaves humanity.  You posted the one side with the assuption that God doesn't want us to have moral sense.  I can't agree because I think it's a skewed version to begin with.  I think it shows man's preference for ignorance over wisdom, which he treads upon throughout the ages.


 




I have known many who sought wisdom. I have yet to meet anyone who seeks ignorance.


Regards


DL

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 20, 2009 - 9:47AM #10
BBarton
Posts: 1,670

You've never met any who sought Ignorance?


 


Many are ignorant to what enslaves them, even when it's the dynamic of ignorance.  I know of a whole society which claims ignorance is bliss, so lessons will repeat until ignorance is overcome; otherwise, the soul is trapped in the lower realm of ignorance. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook