Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Why did God give man intelligence and then forbid it's use?
5 years ago  ::  May 21, 2009 - 7:11AM #11
Greatest I am

May 20, 2009 -- 9:47AM, BBarton wrote:

You've never met any who sought Ignorance?

Many are ignorant to what enslaves them, even when it's the dynamic of ignorance.  I know of a whole society which claims ignorance is bliss, so lessons will repeat until ignorance is overcome; otherwise, the soul is trapped in the lower realm of ignorance. 

Which society is that?

Regards

DL

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2010 - 7:16PM #12
Bob_Bennett

God did not forbid the use of human intelligence.  It is an allegory and it means that we were not to pursue living in duality, which meant leaving heaven.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 9:48AM #13
Greatest I am

Apr 23, 2010 -- 7:16PM, Bob_Bennett wrote:

God did not forbid the use of human intelligence.  It is an allegory and it means that we were not to pursue living in duality, which meant leaving heaven.

Leaving heaven?

Scripture does not indicate that A & E were ever in heaven. Stick to the scrip.

It does indicate that they gained a moral sense in Eden.

What good is heaven if we do not know good and evil?

Regards

DL

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 6:52PM #14
Eliascomes

Technically, the serpent gave the woman intelligence and so it made her have the ability to persuade Adam to eat of the fruit. Now both has intelligence and now they need hand-on experience in knowing how to use it. If they used their intelligent for bad, they'll learn from their mistakes.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 9:50PM #15
Greatest I am

Apr 25, 2010 -- 6:52PM, Eliascomes wrote:

Technically, the serpent gave the woman intelligence and so it made her have the ability to persuade Adam to eat of the fruit. Now both has intelligence and now they need hand-on experience in knowing how to use it. If they used their intelligent for bad, they'll learn from their mistakes.

Technically, there are no talking snakes but if we follow the script, A & E had some kind of intelligence before eating of the tree of knowledge, after all, they could talk.

What they did not have was the moral sense that comes by knowing good and evil.

The question that should perplex is why Eve, after being as Gods, knowing good and evil, did not even then follow God's command and enticed Adam to also eat.

I think that she, with her new insight, knew that God had erred in trying to keep knowledge away from man.

Think of it. How much knowledge would you deny your children. Especially the knowledge that would give them a moral sense. the only thing that raises us above the lesser animals.

Surely, as an adult, you do not believe in talking animals do you? 

Regards

DL

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2010 - 10:26AM #16
Eliascomes

Remember this, Adam & Eve young little kids and they were left alone with a crafty, cunning, very intelligent dark spirit that had the ability to possessed a reptile. Now God has intelligence over all beings. And God left the medicine cabinet open with his children in the house with a dark stranger. God knew that the stranger was going to give his children the medicine that he thought it was going to killed them, but the stranger didn't knew that the medicine was good for the children.

We have to put our knowledge into practice in order to learn, and what's the best way to is hand on experience. It's better than an artificial simulator which Pilots and Police Officers uses.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2010 - 11:01AM #17
Greatest I am

Apr 26, 2010 -- 10:26AM, Eliascomes wrote:

Remember this, Adam & Eve young little kids and they were left alone with a crafty, cunning, very intelligent dark spirit that had the ability to possessed a reptile. Now God has intelligence over all beings. And God left the medicine cabinet open with his children in the house with a dark stranger. God knew that the stranger was going to give his children the medicine that he thought it was going to killed them, but the stranger didn't knew that the medicine was good for the children.

We have to put our knowledge into practice in order to learn, and what's the best way to is hand on experience. It's better than an artificial simulator which Pilots and Police Officers uses.

If it was a spirit controlling the reptile then why did God punish it and not the spirit?

What kind of fool would leave his children with a crafty, cunning, very intelligent dark spirit?

Are you saying that God was a fool?

Aren't you a bit old to believe in spirits, talking animals and water walking?

Regards

DL

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2010 - 12:03PM #18
Eliascomes

Apr 26, 2010 -- 11:01AM, Greatest I am wrote:

Apr 26, 2010 -- 10:26AM, Eliascomes wrote:

If it was a spirit controlling the reptile then why did God punish it and not the spirit?

All animals are made for food and food help us to grow. We destroyed life so that we can live.  If an aimal that was killed to save a life then that animal didn't die in vain. So it soul can enter heaven. As for the reptiles, if someone learned from the curse that God put on it, then reptile didn't live or die in vain also.

What kind of fool would leave his children with a crafty, cunning, very intelligent dark spirit?

God knows what the reptile can do and can't do. Only the serpent can do what God permitted it to do.

Are you saying that God was a fool?

Proverbs 12:15
The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice.

Aren't you a bit old to believe in spirits, talking animals and water walking?

Matthew 18:3
And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
You can't teach an old dogs new tricks.

Regards

DL

Job 1

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

9 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."

12 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger."

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2010 - 12:40PM #19
Greatest I am

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook