Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 3:46PM #11
gorm-sionnach
The Gods are often seen, in a CR context, as being Ancestors though there is often a distinction made between them and the mortal ancestors of Men, they both rate as such. Much in the same way as the Gods are also related to the Fair Folk/ Aes Sidhe/ what have you. They can fulfill multiple roles and functions as well as having their own predominant one, and place in cosmology.
Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 4:59AM #12
Sparrowsong

I have a question on this I understand the Patron/Matron/Guardian type role. But you do not believe in archetypes correct? A deity is a Deity or ancestor but not an archetype in other words?

I have been trying to wrap and unwrap my head around that one for a little bit now.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 10:49PM #13
Diarmuid

The only thing I would add is that archetype as Tomas is describing it differs from that of common neo-pagan concepts of Gods as symbols or archetypes, as CR's (or at least the ones I have met) believe the Gods to be very real beings as you and I are real.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2009 - 3:37AM #14
Sparrowsong

Mar 24, 2009 -- 10:49PM, Diarmuid wrote:

The only thing I would add is that archetype as Tomas is describing it differs from that of common neo-pagan concepts of Gods as symbols or archetypes, as CR's (or at least the ones I have met) believe the Gods to be very real beings as you and I are real.

Thanks, that is what I had thought. That's where I always got hung up on before. Because, and this is just me, it was difficult for me to just look at a a Deity as simply a symbol. And I'd go around and around in my own self made debate. LOL

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2009 - 11:12PM #15
gorm-sionnach

Which would be based on both UPG and taking on the pre-Christian Celtic world view.

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook