6 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2009 - 5:58PM #1
anzertree

I tried to pick up the slack where NewageGamer left off by making videos on Youtube. And let me tell you, I found out first hand what a waste of time it is! I think I'm now the most hated person on Youtube. Within 2 days after making my first video comes an endless stream of hatemail. Now I know why the society tells us it isn't a good idea. So I stopped. But I'm so depressed that it has to be that way. I loved making my videos, and it's unfair that the world is so influenced we can't even blog about our passion.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2009 - 11:14PM #2
chateau.man

You are right, it is a waste of time there.  It is full of those who make fake accounts that pretend to be witnesses, then suddenly they reveal their true colors and expose themselves as apostates.  Many of them act like they are 8 years old and make silly accounts.  So much for loving your fellow man.  I used to post videos up, many of them are talks in video form that I received that I thought would be encouraging.  I did get some ones who were genuinely thankful that I posted them.  A few even said it brought them to tears of joy (about the video about Jehovah caring for us).  I pulled everything down because I ended up spending more time fielding and deleting hate mail and silly immature postings then it was worth.  

You can blog though, as long as you disable postings!  I wish more people would do that.  Here is one of them that I think is really good.  I hope it never gets taken down.  I should make a copy of the text, just in case.

http://pastorrussell.blogspot.com/2008/08/new-world-translation.html

If you look at the dates on the right column, he is posting a new topic about once every two weeks.  

These days, I spend more time reading and extra study on my own.  It is worth more of my time then even some who spend hours upon hours here, especially on the debate board. Some just pine away their time debating and only looking at the evidence they want to look at and ignoring the critical parts.  Most are not there to search for real truth.  They are there to condemn.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2009 - 5:22PM #3
anzertree

Yea, I am thinking of starting a Podcast soon to complement my blog. Youtube is just awful association these days. I'm still trying to think of a good domain name for my blog. All the good names are taken.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2009 - 7:41PM #4
Kamejaje

Hi anzertree,

I'm sorry this has happened to you, people can be so mean, unfortunately this is the world that we live in when Satan is the ruler of it.

Kam

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2009 - 8:47PM #5
anzertree

Mar 15, 2009 -- 7:41PM, Kamejaje wrote:

Hi anzertree,

I'm sorry this has happened to you, people can be so mean, unfortunately this is the world that we live in when Satan is the ruler of it.

Kam

Thanks, Kam. It's all good. I'll find another creative outlet to express myself somehow. In fact, I already have a good theme for it. Instead of talking specifically about the truth, I'm just gonna make a general podcast about how knowledge and wisdom can be derived from practically anything -- the Bible, cultures, and various books and historical periods that can be applied to our day and age.

That way I won't be the subject of much controvery. I'll save minisrty for field service. I'm sure there are a lot of Bible topics I can discuss without going into details. I'll just focus on wisdom and knowledge. That way I can talk about other great books too besides the Bible, plus it will give me freedom to blog about anything I love, such as historical events that have changed lives and inspired generations. I am a firm believer that knowledge and wisdom can be found all around us. I'll have more material that I'll ever be able to finish.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2009 - 4:15PM #6
dawill

Unfortunately thats what happens when you go against the directives of the Faithful and Discreet Slave.  How many times have Jehovah's Witnesses been told, in the magazines, at conventions, service meetings,  NOT to take part in internet discussion or forums.

Brothers and sister post things and/or videos and are quite surprised when people start to criticise their beliefs.  There is a naivety that they seem to think that they just have to post something and everyone will suddenly find the truth.

Unfortunately it because people see Jehovah's Witnesses as some little cult on the side lines.

Yes they know the name but to 99% of people, all they know about JWs is two or three things  1) They knock on doors  2) They don't have blood transfusion 3) Don't celebrate birthdays or Christmas.  Is usually the extent of the what the majority of people know about JWs.  Even the clergy of Christendom don't give much thought about JWs and their teachings, they have enough to do within their own religions.

I know this because I made it a point of asking people and clergyman for a survey.  I live in an area of 300,000 people,  were there are 8 congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses.  With an average of of 90-100 publishers reporting in each.  I know from my congregation, which is in a high populated area, we are getting through our territory  every 3-4 months.  So the territory is getting really well covered. 

But when I have asked people either at work, and I meet a lot of people through my job, or socially, or out shopping.  I ask "Do you know what Jehovah's WItnesses believe?"  I get the three basic replies, I mentioned above.

I have asked local clergy, Vicars, Priests, Pastors  are they worried about the preaching of Jehovah's Witnesses.  They usually laugh and say not in the least.  One Pastor told me they have just had to move into a new bigger  church because of the increase they have had over the past 5 years.  One church even held an  "anti-cult day"  which included speakers on JWs, Mormons, Occult, New Age.   

The problem with Jehovah's Witnesses is that they do not realise that outside the Kingdom Hall  99%  of people do not think twice about them.  They answer the door, but as soon as they shut it after speaking, even if for a while, they forget all about JWs/

The Watchtower organisation gives the view, the erroneous view in my mind, is that people in the world are worried about Jehovah's Witnesses and their teachings.

The truth is that no one cares a damn about Jehovahs WItnesses and what they say or do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2009 - 7:47PM #7
humbly.search.for.truth

Mar 17, 2009 -- 4:15PM, dawill wrote:

Unfortunately thats what happens when you go against the directives of the Faithful and Discreet Slave.  How many times have Jehovah's Witnesses been told, in the magazines, at conventions, service meetings,  NOT to take part in internet discussion or forums.

Brothers and sister post things and/or videos and are quite surprised when people start to criticise their beliefs.  There is a naivety that they seem to think that they just have to post something and everyone will suddenly find the truth.

Unfortunately it because people see Jehovah's Witnesses as some little cult on the side lines.

Yes they know the name but to 99% of people, all they know about JWs is two or three things  1) They knock on doors  2) They don't have blood transfusion 3) Don't celebrate birthdays or Christmas.  Is usually the extent of the what the majority of people know about JWs.  Even the clergy of Christendom don't give much thought about JWs and their teachings, they have enough to do within their own religions.

I know this because I made it a point of asking people and clergyman for a survey.  I live in an area of 300,000 people,  were there are 8 congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses.  With an average of of 90-100 publishers reporting in each.  I know from my congregation, which is in a high populated area, we are getting through our territory  every 3-4 months.  So the territory is getting really well covered. 

But when I have asked people either at work, and I meet a lot of people through my job, or socially, or out shopping.  I ask "Do you know what Jehovah's WItnesses believe?"  I get the three basic replies, I mentioned above.

I have asked local clergy, Vicars, Priests, Pastors  are they worried about the preaching of Jehovah's Witnesses.  They usually laugh and say not in the least.  One Pastor told me they have just had to move into a new bigger  church because of the increase they have had over the past 5 years.  One church even held an  "anti-cult day"  which included speakers on JWs, Mormons, Occult, New Age.   

The problem with Jehovah's Witnesses is that they do not realise that outside the Kingdom Hall  99%  of people do not think twice about them.  They answer the door, but as soon as they shut it after speaking, even if for a while, they forget all about JWs/

The Watchtower organisation gives the view, the erroneous view in my mind, is that people in the world are worried about Jehovah's Witnesses and their teachings.

The truth is that no one cares a damn about Jehovahs WItnesses and what they say or do.

We are not worried either.  We expect such an unpopular reception.

(Matthew 10:22) . . .And YOU will be objects of hatred by all people on account of my name;. . 

...and the lack of interest with the general public is not surprising either.  

(John 15:18-19) . . .If the world hates YOU, YOU know that it has hated me before it hated YOU. 19 If YOU were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because YOU are no part of the world, but I have chosen YOU out of the world, on this account the world hates YOU. . .

We also know and realize that people will be preoccupied with everyday activities (although harmless in themselves) and not consider their spiritual appetite.

(Matthew 24:36-39) “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.

(Luke 17:26-30) Moreover, just as it occurred in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of man: 27 they were eating, they were drinking, men were marrying, women were being given in marriage, until that day when Noah entered into the ark, and the flood arrived and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise, just as it occurred in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building. 29 But on the day that Lot came out of Sod′om it rained fire and sulphur from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 The same way it will be on that day when the Son of man is to be revealed.

In fact, we expect it to get worse as time marches on.  Generally speaking, people are leaving religion altogether.  The waters of Babylon are drying up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 26, 2011 - 4:20AM #8
TheGenuineChristian

Mar 14, 2009 -- 5:58PM, anzertree wrote:

I tried to pick up the slack where NewageGamer left off by making videos on Youtube. And let me tell you, I found out first hand what a waste of time it is! I think I'm now the most hated person on Youtube. Within 2 days after making my first video comes an endless stream of hatemail. Now I know why the society tells us it isn't a good idea. So I stopped. But I'm so depressed that it has to be that way. I loved making my videos, and it's unfair that the world is so influenced we can't even blog about our passion.

What's your youtube channel?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 30, 2011 - 7:30AM #9
Tim

Well his youtube is the same as his sn here but you wouldn't want to watch it now, he's an atheist now.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook