Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: Isaiah prophecy of the Jewish Messiah
6 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2009 - 7:26PM #1
faith713
Jesus as the Suffering Servant was predicted in Isaiah - Chapter 53:
Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him.

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither [was any] deceit in his mouth.

Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him [a portion] with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2009 - 8:56AM #2
faith713

Mar 11, 2009 -- 10:35PM, clyde5001 wrote:

If you evangelize, your posts will be removed.

This topic is about Jews for Jesus and that is what I am discussing. If you are not interested in the topic of this thread, then you are free to ignore it.

For those who are truly interested, I noticed on pg. 160 of Jay Sekulows' testimony, he discusses Isaiah 53. The Holy Spirit is truly working in opening up eyes and leading people to the Truth.

http://books.google.com/books?id=9KkUiMbiaF8C&pg=PA154&dq=jews+for+jesus+testimonies&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=0_1

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2009 - 5:16PM #3
faith713

Here is another prophecy about Jesus:

Genesis 49:10

"The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, Nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, Until Shiloh come; And unto him shall the obedience of the peoples be."

Jesus was from the tribe of Judah as the scripture predicted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2009 - 5:41PM #4
faith713

Here is another powerful testimony about a Jewish doctor who accepted Jesus as his personal Messiah:

As a young boy, I can remember thinking about God's command to Abram in Genesis 12, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you." This was a difficult command, but Abram so readily obeyed. I imagined myself walking and communing with God as my forefathers had. I yearned for a dynamic, intimate relationship with the God of Israel.

I knew without a doubt that the Jesus spoken about was the One who could bring me into a relationship with God. I didn't need to look any further or strive any harder, because Y'shua the Messiah had come to me. He was no longer unreachable.

http://jewsforjesus.org/publications/havurah/1_3/drberman

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 7:47PM #5
gorm-sionnach

Sorry to interject, but do keep in mind that this is a community forum and not a debate thread, mods have been a little lax as of late because of the move, but if you would like to debate the merits of a particular faith or religious groups, we do have debate forums.

Gorm,

Beliefnet community host

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2009 - 5:29PM #6
faith713

Mar 24, 2009 -- 7:47PM, gorm-sionnach wrote:

Sorry to interject, but do keep in mind that this is a community forum and not a debate thread, mods have been a little lax as of late because of the move, but if you would like to debate the merits of a particular faith or religious groups, we do have debate forums.

Gorm,

Beliefnet community host

Thank you for the reminder, Gorm. It was definitely needed and appreciated. This topic is specifically about Jews for Jesus, it would be nice to be able to post about this topic without being attacked. Thanks again.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 1:33PM #7
faith713

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Here is another testimony of the Holy Spirit leading His people to Truth:

I was married to a Rabbi. I thought being a Rebbitzin was everything my life was supposed to be. At times I found myself unhappy and questioning what was a very good life. One night, I prayed and asked, 'what is the truth'. To my surprise, I awoke the next morning with a strong urge to read the gentile bible; the New Testament. At that time, I thought the gentile bible with it's multiple gods was pagan, and anti-Jewish. I went downtown to a bookstore. Not wanting anyone to know I had a gentile bible, I waited until there was no one on the street or in the bookstore. I quickly bought a bible.

I decided, I had to be fair about it. I determined to read the gentile bible as a history book. I started from the beginning. As I read Matthew, I kept having to remind myself to allow for some historical value. By the time I started reading Mark, I was involved in the story. I was surprised about the Jewishness of the gentile bible and wondered what the gentiles could possibly see or understand from it. My heroes were the Pharisee's. In one confrontation, Jesus was asked what was the greatest commandment. I stopped reading and thought about that question. What law would be the greatest? If I said Kosher laws, then what about thou shall not murder or what about the Sabbath. I could not see where any law from God could be considered greater then another. I thought they had Jesus trapped. When I looked back at the book I was startled to see Jesus answer. He was reciting the Shema! Here oh Israel the Lord our God, the Lord is One. Of course being Jewish I knew this was central and true. Jesus went on, You shall love the Lord with all you heart, mind, and strength. We were commanded to say this, teach this to our children and put it on the doorposts of our house. Jesus was absolutely right. This is the greatest commandment. Why didn't the ones who asked the question see this answer and why didn't I? I was convinced. Jesus is who He says He is. He is the Jewish Messiah. The Tanakh and the New Testament are inseparable. To reject the New Testament is to reject the Tenakh. I accepted both and Jesus is my Messiah.

http://forums.jewsforjesus.org/showthread.php?tid=1498

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2009 - 5:36PM #8
faith713

I believe the Holy Spirit can use the scriptures to communicate His Truth, here is another example of using verses from the book of Isaiah to show how Jesus fulfills the prophecy:

I paged on in that Bible and read John 14:6: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me." That is a very exclusive statement: if what Jesus says is true, then nothing else is. Judaism, Islam etc. are not the way. In addition, because my sin had alienated me from God, the only way back to the Father is through Jesus the Son.

A friend from the M.E. support group copied Messianic prophecy from the back of "The Thompson Chain-Reference Bible," 2nd Improved Edition, pages 1703-1706. She told me to read one prophecy about Jesus in the Jewish Scriptures each day, and to look up its fulfilment in the New Testament. I was also to read Isaiah from chapter 52:13 to 53:12 in one sitting. Every day I did this, I would pray that someone other than Jesus would fulfil the prophecy. But only he did! As a child, I had longed to know God with us. Only in Jesus is this possible, because he is our Immanuel (Isaiah 7:14). The more I read, the more convinced I became that Jesus is the Messiah. When I read through John's gospel, it became obvious that Y'shua is also the Son of God and very God. 

http://www.givengain.com/cgi-bin/giga.cgi?cmd=cause_dir_news_item&cause_id=1507&news_id=13313&cat_id=637

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 5:29AM #9
Enogma

When I read the gospel of John, it is obvious that Jesus revealed to him deep and secret things through his belief that Jesus is the messiah, giving him pearls, one of them being the truth that Jesus was the word in the beginning, being created of the father Jehova, from the beginning, maybe just  after eternity......

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 01, 2009 - 3:39PM #10
faith713

Apr 29, 2009 -- 5:29AM, Enogma wrote:

When I read the gospel of John, it is obvious that Jesus revealed to him deep and secret things through his belief that Jesus is the messiah, giving him pearls, one of them being the truth that Jesus was the word in the beginning, being created of the father Jehova, from the beginning, maybe just  after eternity......

Jesus is God in the flesh--the Creator was not created. 

John 10:30"I and the Father are one"

John 1:1 "the Word was God."

John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us"

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook