Switch to Forum Live View I recommend a book similar to ACIM
6 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2009 - 8:34PM #1
Emily777
I want to recommend a spiritual book I read recently that I think will resonate with a lot of Course in Miracles readers. I really enjoyed "Lessons from the Source" by Jack Armstrong as a gentle and uplifting book to pick up when you need that deep-down reassurance that you are in God's hands. Like ACIM, this book was "received" by Armstrong through a process called inner dictation. Lessons is truly a guidebook of the best kind - each chapter reminded me that we are here to enjoy life and instantly brought me gratitude and joy.

There are excerpts and such at: http://www.lessonsfromthesource.com and a Twitter feed of daily inspirational quotes from the book: http://twitter.com/sourcelessons.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2009 - 3:48PM #2
Bob_Bennett

Hi,

I will recommend a different book which I have fouind to be extremely helpful in understanding the Course.   It is "The Disappearance of the Universe", and I am teaching a class in it to my Miracles students.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2010 - 6:19PM #3
Bob_Bennett

I have since found another book said to be channeled by Jesus, called "The Way of Mastery".

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2010 - 12:56AM #4
David106

I just ordered "Lessons from the Source" after reading this post and clicking on the link. The website has some excerpts that seemed very wise, so I bought the book. I'll let everyone know what I thought of the book after I read it. Thank you, Emily777.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2010 - 1:25AM #5
David106

This may sound funny, because I just posted that I bought the book Emily777 recommended, but I also just bought the book Bob recommended on this same thread. "The Way of Mastery" has 33 lessons, which I look forward to working through. It seems like every time I start to do the Course workbook, I end up stopping about half way through Part 1. I have no idea why, maybe laziness, but 33 lessons might work well for me because of this. Again, I'll let everyone know what I thought of the book. And thanks, Bob.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2010 - 8:44AM #6
David106

I finished "Lessons from the Source," and it was really good. The author, Jack Armstrong, received the material from God (supposedly), like Neale Donald Walsch. The book emphasizes that we can manifest good in our lives through our belief and trust that good is already there, and that it just awaits our acceptance. Concepts such as divine order, the power of gratitude and affirmations, and owning your power are discussed. I do feel that I gained much from reading it. Mostly it helped to reinforce what I already believed, but I also gained some new insights.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2010 - 5:44PM #7
Bob_Bennett

Following that book, our class went on to study "The Way of Mastery", said to be channeled by Jesus.   Maybe.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook