Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
5 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2009 - 3:35PM #1
SatanicStalker
Last night I was wandering around through the Church of Satan website, and found an article entitled "Satanic Feminism" (it's in the theory-practice section, by Blanche Barton). I've learned to flinch whenever I hear or see the word "feminism" and I admit my first thought was something to the effect of "please don't tell me the feminists have infiltrated here too, I thought Satanism was smarter than that..."

Of course, it is smarter than that. I read the article, which actually pretty neatly sums up the arguments against feminism that I've had for years. It was remarkably refreshing. I highly recommend it.

I've always described myself as an "equalist." It's a bit of a misnomer, since I don't believe that all people are equal, but I wanted something to emphasize my idea that the very word "feminist" implies the segregation of and/or superiority of women or "feminine" thoughts and ideas, which I believe is exactly as absurd as the idea of superiority of men over women.

Any thoughts?

~Stalker
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2009 - 12:50AM #2
Aeuzent
It seems that whenever we have an group find a way out oppression they get militant for awhile. Sort of flexing a muscle they didn't have before, only natural to expect a bit of roid rage.

As for feminism as an idea, of course it's crazy. Same could be said for the idea that men are the better sex or that god entered a woman , stayed long enough to become her child, got bored and died to catch a ride home.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2009 - 11:56AM #3
Maugrim

I'm a huge fan of Blanche Barton's article, because I think it expresses everything that Feminism ought to be (and in some cases, perhaps used to be) but isn't. The essay celebrates femininity AND masculinity both as unique, natural, and valid expressions of humanity, and its overall tone is one of pride, responsibility, and strength, rather than of kvetching, blaming, and victimization.

And, like Satanic Stalker, I'd say it's safe to say that I absolutely HATE feminism. It's about claiming to have personal strength and power, while playing the perennial crybaby victim--even as you manage to commandeer entire university departments or entire pockets of society itself. It's about demonizing and destroying males and masculinity, and blindly and unconditionally celebrating the Feminine at all costs. It's about pushing Marxism, Far-Leftism, and PoMo under the guise of promoting a dubious kind of "freedom," "tolerance," and "equality," so that the true agenda is to either turn males into females over the long term, or to render the entire human race blandly and joylessly androgynous---either way, feminism is no friend to the hard sciences, that's for sure. It's about demanding unconditional respect, reparations, and free rides from civilization, just for breathing and having a sad, oppressed little snorch. And then, because feminists define themselves by their feminism--and therefore, by their sense of outrage and general butthurt--even when they happen to get what they want in a given situation, they still always have complaints and quibbles. It's a neverending story.

I tend to say I'm a humanist and a meritocrat. I think water should be able to seek its own level, as the Satanic saying goes. I believe that there are some things that practically all humans share in common, and there are traits, gifts, and flaws that are unique to particular types or groups of humans, as well as to distinct individuals. I believe that everybody's gotten the short end of the stick at least at some time in history, and that everybody's put somebody else on that short end at least once or twice as well, so I don't believe in either "pure victims" or "pure oppressors." I believe feminists could get a lot more done if they just put their nose to the grindstone and turned off the television, instead of writing a thousand essays about how a guy stared at their chest at the grocery store, or fuming about how Gap ads "make" them do or feel such-and-such.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2010 - 12:20AM #4
Brother

The Judeo-Christian-Marxist-Feminist-Liberal-Democratic values must replaced with a value system in which Race is the foundation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2010 - 6:44PM #5
David

Feminist women are fucking annoying. Period. So are christians, they believe they are superior as they use their spiritual mind and we are carnal. I love the carnal nature, i is very funny and interesting.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2010 - 9:12PM #6
SatanicStalker

Jun 6, 2010 -- 12:20AM, Brother wrote:

The Judeo-Christian-Marxist-Feminist-Liberal-Democratic values must replaced with a value system in which Race is the foundation.

??? 

If you were looking for April 1st, dude, you missed it. 

But, in the unfortunate and highly annoying chance that you were actually being serious...

Why?

What does race have to do with anything?

Why not base a value system on actual merit rather than any arbitrary marker like sex, race, age, language, nationality, or sexual orientation? 

Answer: because most people are too lazy to do the work to determine what a person is actually worth.

~Stalker

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2010 - 11:52AM #7
Diane

Some people here seem to misunderstand what the word "feminism" means.  For example, some people here seem to think that "feminism" means "female supremacism" or something like that.  It doesn't, at least not according to standard dictionary definitions.  According to the Random House Dictionary, as quoted on dictionary.reference.com, feminism is:

1. the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.
  2. ( sometimes  initial  capital  letter  ) an  organized  movement  for  the  attainment  of  such  rights  for  women.
  3. feminine  character.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2010 - 11:18PM #8
SatanicStalker

Jun 18, 2010 -- 11:52AM, Diane wrote:

Some people here seem to misunderstand what the word "feminism" means.  For example, some people here seem to think that "feminism" means "female supremacism" or something like that.  It doesn't, at least not according to standard dictionary definitions.  According to the Random House Dictionary, as quoted on dictionary.reference.com, feminism is:

1. the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.
  2. ( sometimes  initial  capital  letter  ) an  organized  movement  for  the  attainment  of  such  rights  for  women.
  3. feminine  character.

That is what it should mean, and perhaps what it used to mean. I don't think that's what it typically means anymore. Anymore, all it seems to mean is that a group of people feel that they are entitled to special treatment and are allowed to be sexist just because they were born with two X chromosomes. When my mother was in nursing school, she saw the worst sexual harassment she's ever seen, all by self-proclaimed "feminists" against their one male classmate. I've seen similar behavior from such women. 

If you do not follow this idea, that's great. As a human who happens to be female, I appreciate it. Personally, I believe nothing justifies sexism, so I will not formally ally myself with those who call themselves "feminists" because so many (not all, I know) of them are hypocritical assholes. "Feminism" makes no more sense as a name for a philosophy of sexual equality than "masculinism."

~Stalker

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2010 - 3:44PM #9
Diane

The meaning of the word "feminism" itself has not changed.  Alas, there are indeed quite a few people who have advocated truly horrible things in the name of "feminisn."  But feminism itself should not be defined in terms of those who abuse it.

Analogy:  Some people have advocated truly horrible things in the name of Satanism too -- such as neo-Nazism.  This doesn't mean that someone would be justified in concluding that Satanism is neo-Nazism -- even if the first several Satanists one has personally run into all happen to be neo-Nazis.

Personally, I've long had a love-hate relationship with the feminist movement, in much the same way that I've long had a love-hate relationship with the Satanist subculture (what little there is of one).

The feminist movement has accomplished some very valuable things, for which I am grateful.  And there are important battles that are not over yet (at least here in the U.S.A.), such as the fight for abortion rights.

But I was horrified when, for example, back in the 1980's and early 1990's, many leading feminists were jumping on the "Satanic Ritual Abuse" scare bandwagon.  On the other hand, it was another feminist -- Debbie Nathan -- who was the first mainstream journalist to write articles debunking the SRA scare, back in 1987.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  May 09, 2013 - 10:34AM #10
christine3

I liked all the posts.  My recurring self-dialogue was, we often find our polarity with a movement that expresses a need.  Outliving that need we move on.  So does the human race and consciousness moves ever so slowly.  Should we be less critical of peoples' foibles and more forgiving?  This is not to say we should turn the other way at seriously defective and menacing human problems.  We make mistakes, we often learn life's hardest lessons at others' expense.  Looking back over my life, I review incidences that now I know better.  I still had to learn.  Less criticism, more support please.  The passage of time takes care of many hurts and grievances, but doesn't heal all. Some things must be left to the children to solve because there isn't enough time. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook