Switch to Forum Live View Is Prince still a witness?
6 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2009 - 7:49PM #1
anzertree
I was out in service last week, and somehow we got on the subject of music and entertainment. Eventually this lead to Prince. One of the elders said he was disfellowshipped. Is this true? My sister has met Prince before, and she says it's highly unlikely. All he did was talk about the truth, she says. Has anyone else heard about this? That would be so disappointing. I can't get a confirmation on it anywhere. Nothing about it leaked online if it's true. I can't find one other source confirming it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2009 - 8:20PM #2
Jason75
Hi Anzertree,

I do not know for sure if he was reinstated or not.  I do know that he has been at recent conventions.  I live in his area but it has been some time since we have been in the same district.  The brothers go to great lengths to assist(and insist - you know how "fans" can be) in his privacy. Because of his past and present public involvement it certainly is a difficult thing for him.  I don't know him personally Anzertree so please don't take my comments as solid.  Rumors can be dangerous so I don't want to give more info as I would not be a credible witness or the info may be old.  The last I heard was similiar to what the sister mentioned.  He has a strong love for Jehovah.

Agape,
Jason
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2009 - 11:08PM #3
anotherpaul

anzertree wrote:

I was out in service last week, and somehow we got on the subject of music and entertainment. Eventually this lead to Prince. One of the elders said he was disfellowshipped. Is this true? My sister has met Prince before, and she says it's highly unlikely. All he did was talk about the truth, she says. Has anyone else heard about this? That would be so disappointing. I can't get a confirmation on it anywhere. Nothing about it leaked online if it's true. I can't find one other source confirming it.

The last I heard and that was about a month ago, he was doing just fine in the Truth.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2009 - 12:49PM #4
Jason75

anotherpaul wrote:

The last I heard and that was about a month ago, he was doing just fine in the Truth.

Wonderful to hear.

Agape,
Jason

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2009 - 1:53PM #5
annakam
has anyone viewed the youtube video about a phone call to Bethel about Prince??? i don't want to pass this link on...but if anyone knows which one i'm talking about its one that was taken i think in 2007?? when he appeared on Superbowl...is that a real telephone call??? the reason why i'm questioning is that the "person that's supposedly at Bethel or is it the Massachusetts congregation" don't know which..but he told the guy that was calling about it that he's not able to give out his name when the "brother" gave him his and he asked for his name? why aren't we allowed to give out our names if this is a real telephone call???

i mean this guy that was doing the calling was like nitpicking at what Prince was doing...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2009 - 12:04PM #6
anzertree

annakam wrote:

has anyone viewed the youtube video about a phone call to Bethel about Prince??? i don't want to pass this link on...but if anyone knows which one i'm talking about its one that was taken i think in 2007?? when he appeared on Superbowl...is that a real telephone call??? the reason why i'm questioning is that the "person that's supposedly at Bethel or is it the Massachusetts congregation" don't know which..but he told the guy that was calling about it that he's not able to give out his name when the "brother" gave him his and he asked for his name? why aren't we allowed to give out our names if this is a real telephone call???

i mean this guy that was doing the calling was like nitpicking at what Prince was doing...

Yea, that video was so funny. That dude who was criticizing Prince is a loser. He's just mad because he was disfellowshipped. It's good advice from the organization to stay away from people like that. Just look what mixing and associating with apostates did to Brian (Newagegamer)!

Speaking of Brian, I really feel bad. He disassociated himself. It has really taken its toll on him too. He was literally in tears. It only took a year to turn him away. I wrote Brian an Email, but he hasn't returned it yet. Here is a copy of the message I sent Brian, if you're interested.

Original Message: To Brian
------------------------------------

Greetings Newagegamer,

It has been awhile since we've spoken. It seem we are on opposite sides now. That's a bummer, man. But I hope things turn out for you. As the Bible says, we all must carry our own load. You will be in my prayers.

And as expected, I should probably say a few words concerning the matter. If you have taken to Trinitarianism then you must have adopted all their other beliefs too. How do you reconcile hellfire? What about the sacrifice? When I was studying the trinity, none of that stuff made any sense. Why would God send himself to die? What would that prove? That he loves us? That wasn't even in question. You already know what word I'm talking about. God's sovereignty. But what was it that caused this mess? Sin, right? Who sinned? Adam & Eve. You already know all this stuff, but I have a point. Bare with me. Remember "eye for and eye" "Limb for a limb" all that stuff. Jehovah is a God of order and justice.

Let me put it this way. Do you remember how to isolate a variable in algebra? You must do the same thing on both ends of the equality sign. In other words, order is a natural process that can be proven mathematically. So it makes sense that Jehovah's world is a world of order, even in a chaotic society.

Now lets go back to what Adam did. A perfect sinless man brought sin into the world. "and thus sin and death spread to all man, because all of them had sinned." (something like that) sound familiar? Okay, so a perfect sinless human died and brought death into the world, then logically, according to God's law of equality, only another perfect human's death could meet the sacrificial requirements. If God sent himself it wouldn't have proven anything.

Note one other thing. What was a requirement of the sacrifice? Death, only death could meet the sacrifice. So? What is one thing God can never do? Well, actually there are 3 things Jehovah cannot do, no matter what. He can't sin, he can't lie, and he most certainly cannot die. Adam could do all those things. Thus, God Jehovah almighty could not have died for our sins. You can't really say it was only part of him, like his earthly self, because Adam had no heavenly self, the scales are unbalance here. That's like subtracting a man from one half of the equation, and dividing by zero on the other side. It doesn't work that way.

I have more I could say, but I just remembered I still have algebra homework to finish.
-----------------------
end citation:

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2009 - 12:37PM #7
anzertree

annakam wrote:

....he told the guy that was calling about it that he's not able to give out his name when the "brother" gave him his and he asked for his name? why aren't we allowed to give out our names if this is a real telephone call???

Because of the very reason that video was made. No one wants their words twisted by apostates and then tied back the their name. People are looking for things to nitpick. If someone said the wrong thing on the phone, his or her words could be twisted into whatever the caller wants to accomplish. Fox News is a prime example of this. They mix things up, distort, and show only what serves their biased purposes. Voluntary Anonymity is a means of protection.

PS: Araretreat even lied on the phone. He filmed himself lying and expects people to trust him. Bright guy -- would have made a perfect politician.

He told the Watchtower on the phone that he is a brother, and he most certainly wasn't. Concealing your identity from liars is not a bad idea.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2009 - 5:54PM #8
Nomi69
I am often surprised to learn that some entertainers are JW's. Mainly because of the demands on their life and time. AND also the obstacles that can crop up. Such things are why my enormously talented Father(now deceased)decided against a public career many years ago. He felt like the lifestyle could not exactly mesh with the road he wanted to pursue, serving Jehovah GOD. It seems holidays and nationalism would be very difficult to avoid. I have found that the Wayans brothers, and the Williams girls(tennis)are JW's. There are others too. BUT I would think it must be awfully difficult. I know that Mickey Spillane was a JW until death...but it does seem a hard row to hoe, to me. Apparently some succeed at it, but I surely don't envy them at all.......:)
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook