Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Working With Insects
6 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2009 - 1:42AM #21
whirlinggal

Feb 22, 2009 -- 8:35AM, Bunsinspace wrote:

BS"D WG, BTW - your sand-painting avatar is way cool! When will you wipe it to honor the spirits?

The sandpainting isn't ritually swept up until the Healing Ceremony is complete.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 7:22PM #22
Kay404

Hi, Chrysalis,

Welcome to the shamanism board!

Pillbugs, and the closely related sowbugs, are fascinating creatures...  they look like insects, but are actually crustaceans.  If you think about it, those little segments look like small versions of the segments on the tail of a lobster or a crab (yes, crabs have those little segments, but they're folded underneath, so most people don't notice them).  Pillbugs roll into a very tight ball when disturbed, while sowbugs curl up into a tight "U" shape, with their legs still barely visible between the two sides of the "U." 

Sowbugs and pillbugs need moisture to live, to keep their gills wet (though they will drown if submerged in water).  Because they need moisture, on the occasions when they come inside a house they usually turn up in the basement, kitchen or bathroom.  So it's not surprising that it went from kitchen to bathroom - they can travel along the pipes inside the walls, seeking moisture.  I've had them in my basement at times, but usually I've seen them outside in moist areas.

It's interesting to me that your user name is Chrysalis and pill bugs are creatures who have an aspect that can be similar to a chrysalis - a hard-shelled protective enclosure formed by part of their own body - and then they open up again and go about their business. 

As Wgal suggested, if you already know how to journey, journeying about the pillbug would be the best way I know of to find out if it had a particular message for you. 

If you don't know how to journey, but want to learn, we can help you learn how to journey and connect with guides and teachers who can help you understand what the pillbug means to you or was trying to tell you.  Once you have connected with your guides, you might even meet up with the pillbug in journey and learn directly from it.

If you don't want to learn to journey at this time, then I would encourage you to do some journaling, writing down whatever comes to mind about how you felt when you saw the pillbug, what pillbugs mean to you, or make you think of, and anything else that thinking about pillbugs brings to mind.  Eventually, as you write in your journal, you may come to understand what this encounter means to you.

Bright blessings on your path,

Kay

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 5:58AM #23
Chrysalis

Hi there

Thanks for both of your replies and all the information, it was great.  I didn't get notified there was a response on the thread, I did tick the box! :o)

Things have moved on a bit since the pill bug, so I'm intending to do a visualisation with beetles, as they've now started making themselves known to me .. so will let you know if anything interesting comes of that.

Nice to see that the board is moving a bit again,

Many thanks

take care

Chrysalis

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook