Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Nothing New - More of the Same
6 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2009 - 9:12PM #11
Tenlionz
Once they get a foot hold its hard to get rid of them, but at least they cant send their armies to kill us any more.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2009 - 9:12PM #12
Tenlionz
Once they get a foot hold its hard to get rid of them, but at least they cant send their armies to kill us any more.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 7:29AM #13
MilesB

I dunno I encountered a few Native Alaskan Christians who see their heritage and tradition as "evil".

Even a few of my relatives who converted to Christianity quietly believe us Traditionals are practicing "satanic" things.  With my mother gone they are trying to get my brother and I to convert now *yippie*.

Whatcha gonna do?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 11:30AM #14
Bunsinspace

Mar 23, 2009 -- 7:29AM, MilesB wrote:

I dunno I encountered a few Native Alaskan Christians who see their heritage and tradition as "evil".

Even a few of my relatives who converted to Christianity quietly believe us Traditionals are practicing "satanic" things.  With my mother gone they are trying to get my brother and I to convert now *yippie*.

Whatcha gonna do?

BS"D

Don't give up on 'em.  Keep trying whenever you are around them to convince them to return to the  ways of their ancestors and give up this evil foolishness. YOU are the future of all mankind, NOT THEM.   If there is anything you want to talk abouit comparing your nation's traditions with the lies of the soul-stealers, please feel free to correspond with me offline.  If there is any mind or heart left in those radicals among your relatives, there is hope for them to return as long as they draw breath.

ME faiths are like a single drop of water in the collective ocean of the human spirit.  I know of NO NDN faith that is as limited, shallow, or self-restrictive as any ME faith.  And coming from me that is saying a LOT.  And I am prepared to debate these things with my detractors, but I don't feel right wasting bandwidth on an NDN board doing it unless we all agree to go there.  And I am sure we don't want to invite that terrible dialogue back again, so we should do that kind of work in private IMHO.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook