Switch to Forum Live View BookStudy/TMS meetings
6 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2009 - 8:58AM #1
zionparadise
Greetings.
I am returning to the KH  after 3 months, but have not been to bookstudy in almost a year. I know they said at the beginning of this year everything will be combined during the week with TMS,& Bookstudy, but I was wondering what book are we reading now,and how long is the study now that everything si combined? Is TMS  usually still 1hour 45min? or from 7:30pm to about 9:15pm ?  Thank you. I am returning &  can ask them ,but I donot know if they'd give me a bookstudy book to read since I am slowly returning. I do know the previous congregation I attended in November just enrolled me into the school before we decided short notice to move to CO (we thought hubbu would work for family) we stayed for almost 2 months then returned home & I am finally going back to a different congregation (since we now are in a new territory)but as posted on the welcome board it is the original congregation I did my studies with over 2 yrs ago. However I left the congregation deciding to go to a non denom church & getting baptized with them,this is why the congregation just did not speak to me anymore after I knew I did wrong & returned~they said they can't disfelowship me because I never was baptized, but they could treat me as a disfellowshiped person umtil I truly  came back attendance wise & all.
Anyhow I did return & for over a year I worked on it in a new congregation knowing the past, & came a long way to the point of joining the TMS . So I amstill working on it.  Again if you can give me the name of the book I can request it at the congregation or ask the brother for it.
thank you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2009 - 9:54AM #2
chateau.man

zionparadise wrote:

Greetings.
I am returning to the KH after 3 months, but have not been to bookstudy in almost a year. I know they said at the beginning of this year everything will be combined during the week with TMS,& Bookstudy, but I was wondering what book are we reading now,and how long is the study now that everything si combined? Is TMS usually still 1hour 45min? or from 7:30pm to about 9:15pm ? Thank you. I am returning & can ask them ,but I donot know if they'd give me a bookstudy book to read since I am slowly returning. I do know the previous congregation I attended in November just enrolled me into the school before we decided short notice to move to CO (we thought hubbu would work for family) we stayed for almost 2 months then returned home & I am finally going back to a different congregation (since we now are in a new territory)but as posted on the welcome board it is the original congregation I did my studies with over 2 yrs ago. However I left the congregation deciding to go to a non denom church & getting baptized with them,this is why the congregation just did not speak to me anymore after I knew I did wrong & returned~they said they can't disfelowship me because I never was baptized, but they could treat me as a disfellowshiped person umtil I truly came back attendance wise & all.
Anyhow I did return & for over a year I worked on it in a new congregation knowing the past, & came a long way to the point of joining the TMS . So I amstill working on it. Again if you can give me the name of the book I can request it at the congregation or ask the brother for it.
thank you.

Welcome back! 

The fact that you left and attended another church organization will have no real bearing on how you are treated. You have not made a full dedication yet.  You should be able to ask for the new book "Keep Yourself In God's Love" with no problems at all.  Even those who are disfellowshipped can request litterature.  We will be starting that book in a week or so.  Currently, we are still on the "Live With Jehovah's Day in Mind" book. 

As for fellowshipping, they should not treat you the same as a disfellowshipped individual.  We love all people, especially those who are disfellowshipped (contrary to what you may hear).  Those who are returning to the flock should be welcomed back.  Just give it some time for people to approach you and adjust.  We all have different personalities and levels of spirituality within the congregation, so please don't be in a rush to be offended or to draw hasty generalizations or conclusions as to what people think about your situation.  Just know that we are all glad you are back with us.  Keep up the good work!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2009 - 10:10AM #3
zionparadise

chateau.man wrote:

Welcome back! 

The fact that you left and attended another church organization will have no real bearing on how you are treated. You have not made a full dedication yet.  You should be able to ask for the new book "Keep Yourself In God's Love" with no problems at all.  Even those who are disfellowshipped can request litterature.  We will be starting that book in a week or so.  Currently, we are still on the "Live With Jehovah's Day in Mind" book. 

As for fellowshipping, they should not treat you the same as a disfellowshipped individual.  We love all people, especially those who are disfellowshipped (contrary to what you may hear).  Those who are returning to the flock should be welcomed back.  Just give it some time for people to approach you and adjust.  We all have different personalities and levels of spirituality within the congregation, so please don't be in a rush to be offended or to draw hasty generalizations or conclusions as to what people think about your situation.  Just know that we are all glad you are back with us.  Keep up the good work!

thankyou for the warm welcome. Yes I will keep in mind that everyone is adjusting, and I do not blame them for the choice I made, but I also have to remember I am going to the service for Jehovah & learn Jehovahs word, not for socializing (though it is good after the service) Ii already met up with one sister at her work & alerted her of my comming back (but was sick last Sunday) so I am sure she made note& word to the service overseer & told me whom I needed to speak with. She was so delighted of seeing me & meeting my new baby (he's 7month old but new to them) they already know my 4yr old. He was about the same age (7 to 8 months) when I attended in the past, & left when he was 2.(moved locations) anyhow thank you for the book name. I guess I can get both to just "read up" on.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2009 - 2:47PM #4
zionparadise
Just FYI the meeting went good today & yes they did give me the new book. I also spoke to the person I needed to ,& they seem warmer attitude wise since 2 yrs ago & that helps out a lot. So thank you for you help.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2009 - 11:12PM #5
anotherpaul

zionparadise wrote:

Just FYI the meeting went good today & yes they did give me the new book. I also spoke to the person I needed to ,& they seem warmer attitude wise since 2 yrs ago & that helps out a lot. So thank you for you help.

Excellent.

There is no scriptural or theocratic grounds to treat you as Disfellowshipped at all. They may wait a while before allowing you to comment or be an unbaptized publisher but that should be about it.

You should receive a warm welcome just as the prodigal son did and he was in a far worse situation than you, as we use that as an example of someone disfellowshipped coming back.

Keep up the good work..

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook