Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
5 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2009 - 7:45PM #61
MMCSFOX

Mar 5, 2009 -- 6:07PM, moksha8088 wrote:

Hope everyone has not given up on posting on this forum.

Sorry moksha I still do not have a workable computer at home, and I have been too busy trying to find an honest politician of any party that will actually do what they promise and not rob us.

Let me see now, who was that guy with the lamp I heard about in my childhood?

JESSE F.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2009 - 5:06PM #62
SidneyCarton

Relax, Obama's a centrist, he ticks off the left just as much as the right (I spent some time on left-wing message boards, he is often criticized there for being too "right-wing")  The worst he could do is not be able to manage the mess we're in, and if so, I can't really blame him, I doubt McCain could have either, and we may just have to crash, we were hocked up to our eyeballs, eventually the piper presents his bill.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2009 - 11:09PM #63
Gene.slacum

I believe that politicians who are still practising Reagan-era trickle-down economics need to be delivered a serious wake-up call. Trickle-down economics has never proven to be a viable solution to the general populations financial problems. Rather than throwing money at a relatively small group of industries whose sole reason for being in financial trouble is greed. Yes, you can rescue them and the rest of the financially troubled population by throwing money at the man on the bottom and let him pay his bills. In order for politicians to better understand the regular man on the streets problems, he/she must live through the stress of losing your job, your house, your life savings. Then when down looks like up, have someone tell you that "you have to tighten your belt at least one more notch". A sad commentary as an epitaph to perhaps the greatest nation the world has ever known, "They just priced themselves into oblivion."

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2009 - 2:24PM #64
UwishUwereMe

It's that and the average person's sense of entitlement and inability to save and CONSERVE.

Hmmmm... what a shame, during the Bush years people were actually expected to be held accountable for their own actions and personal finances. 

Well, democrats, here comes your chance the drive down the freeway at 140 MPH and dangle your accountability out the window because government in it's little red cape is coming to the rescue!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook