Switch to Forum Live View New Thought sermons on TV?
6 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 4:26PM #1
sonj
Hello,
I'm new here and am looking more into New Thought after dabbling in New Age for a while.  I'm curious with the plethora of fundamental Christian stations on TV now, if there are any "alternative" religious stations or shows.  I'm trying to get through the Science of Mind book and thought it would be helpful if there were other options to learn about it since the New Thought churches around me are still quite a drive.
Thank you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 1:27PM #2
TigersEyeDowsing
Hi Sonj,

I don't know of any syndacated New Thought sermons on TV, though some large churches may offer local broadcasts.  You'll probably have to find them online if you have highspeed. I listen to Dr. Masters at www.UniversityOnline.tv - some find his presentation boring - nothing flashy or musical - but I really like what he has to say. 

There is also www.unity.fm , the Unity radio station online which has great audio lectures, talks, interviews, and the like.  I admittedly don't listen to it very much but I probably should.  I've also listed some other links on the "resource" thread - if you find something else that should be on there please add it. 

Good luck in your search!  Keep us updated.

By the way, I found New Thought after being a New Ager, and am very thankful as it worked for me.
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2009 - 11:07PM #3
JohnChaplain

Hi,

I don't know if others here would agree, but I would say that about 85% of Joel Osteen's message is New Thought compatible.  His sermon's are probably found in most TV markets around the country.

While his theology is more evengelical if you actually attend his church, reportedly, the portion that is broadcast is more of an uplifting, God is blessing you type of message.

peace,

John

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2009 - 1:54AM #4
Teka

Hi John.  Yes I think you are right about a good deal of Osteen's TV shows. The few times I have seen him I have been impressed with his ability to leave the audience in a positive high mental state.   Maybe I'm not expressing myself too well here, but most churchs have driven me off because I leave services with the 'it's time to repent, we're all doomed ' feeling.  I sure don't need to hear anymore of that.   I vote for religion that makes me feel good.  But it is perfectly alright with me if some need to go somewhere once a week to foster a somber mood.

Probably Dr. Wayne Dyer's talks on public TV would come pretty close to straight New Thought.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2011 - 9:38AM #5
Sandrya

Many Unity churches/centers do live streaming on the Internet of their services.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2011 - 7:42PM #6
Myownpath

Books are a good way to go, though people like Wayne Dyer really are not New Thought.

Try books by Eric Buterworth, Joan Gattuso-- non Unity- Paul Ferrin, Jampolsky. go to the library

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2011 - 3:41PM #7
new_earth
Hi. You can watch Rev. Michael Bernard Beckwith online every Sunday and Wednesday, during Agape services in California, live.

here is the link to Agape's site: www.agapelive.com/

here is where you can watch their services, streaming live FREE, or older services for small donation: www.indigoplatforms.tv/show/agapelive

He is actually very well known in the New Thought community. He's been on a lot of talk shows, has best selling books, etc. Their church is considered "trans-denominational", New Thought-Ancient Wisdom, focused more on the Religious Science branch of New Thought.

He is very inspiring! I saw him live once a little over a year ago and never felt the same since! I try to watch him every Sunday after my own local church service, and Wednesday nights if I can remember. I hope you get a chance to watch and let us now know how you liked it!
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2011 - 1:34PM #8
Cindy_J

The awesome "New Thought" church that I attend have sermons online.    www.csasacramento.org/

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook