Switch to Forum Live View Searching for my place...
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 2:24AM #1
drgnflame
Hello all!!!   
My very first post and I'm glad I found this board, for I wish to learn from it.

I figured I could start with a few of my beliefs and maybe some of you could help me out.

I have been trying to find my splace in the spiritual world.  I know that I have a strong connection with the earth and all people.  I am able to connect with any living creature, whether it a tree, human, dog, fish, whatever.  I have always tried to love the whole world and everyone in it.  I believe in the power of the mind.  I believe that all magick derives from the mind.  Whenever you cast a spell, using things such as incense, sale, etc. are all a way of connecting your mind via objects to these elements.  I don't use magick on a regular basis.  Only when in dire need.  I have been ambushed by many dark beings at once and sometimes one at a time but much stronger than the usual ones.  I know that they only come when they feel threatened.  I have never really considered myself light or dark.  More of a neutral.  I hope I don't get flamed, but these are some things that I kind of always believed as well as treating others exactly how you want to be treated and karma (What you give out will come back to you threefold.) LOL by the way I really hope I don't get flamed

Well, I am kind of looking for direction.  What kind of books should I try and read.  I am also on a very low budget.  Life is hard ya know? :).
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 9:27AM #2
Sacrificialgoddess
Welcome, dragon!   I think there is sticky books thread at the top of the page, where we have argued some books to death, and then ignored others.  Have a look!  :p
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 3:42PM #3
Feinics
Welcome to the boards Dragon!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 8:34PM #4
drgnflame
I thank you both for the welcome.  I noticed the list of books.  But my first question is of course;  with the ideas that I have expressed, which path in the paganism umbrella is similar to mine.  I know that there are different branches, and I would like to know where my beliefs are most agreed with, so that I can find ways to enhance my mind body and soul?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 8:46PM #5
Sacrificialgoddess

drgnflame wrote:

I thank you both for the welcome.  I noticed the list of books.  But my first question is of course;  with the ideas that I have expressed, which path in the paganism umbrella is similar to mine.  I know that there are different branches, and I would like to know where my beliefs are most agreed with, so that I can find ways to enhance my mind body and soul?

On that, the only thing I can suggest is that you write down everything you believe in, no matter how trivial, and then you go searching.  This is a path only you can take, and only you can decided how what you believe lines up with what other folks believe.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 8:51PM #6
drgnflame

sacrificialgoddess wrote:

On that, the only thing I can suggest is that you write down everything you believe in, no matter how trivial, and then you go searching.  This is a path only you can take, and only you can decided how what you believe lines up with what other folks believe.

Thank you very much.  I guess I am the only one who can decide what path I can take.  :)

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook