5 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2009 - 2:08PM #1
davelaw40

davesalyers wrote:

Note - I am not a member of the Children of God or the Family International. They are not to my taste.

The above-mentioned group in the prior posting is another traditional evangelical Christian organization (and not the Children of God from the 70's and 80's) trying to take advantage of this group by using a similar name to attract people to it. I'm not quite sure why they would deliberately try to use the name of a controversial group to attract attention to themselves (and then clearly put on their website that they are not affiliated with TFI - seems like unethical bait and switch to me).

The group that used to be called the Children of God is now called the Family International. Their website is here and that is where I would go if I wanted more information:

http://www.thefamily.org/en/

I'm not sure why COG aka TFI still have their own Beliefnet forum as it seems there is no TFI participation since Beliefnet swiitched to the new format.

Bergites?     :eek:

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2010 - 4:42AM #2
Zerubbabel

The Family have gone underground per say.

I know where they are and all there activities, I still tithe to them, since I believe they are the most correct doctrinally.

But I think they would not like this forum, as it would not handle there radical ways. I could be wrong?

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Mar 31, 2013 - 12:24AM #3
rideronthastorm

oh see yes I knew they changed their name so my other post wont be answered Im sure so ill delete it. beliefnet should take this down.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook