6 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2008 - 12:08PM #1
I-Ron-Knee
hello, I'm new to this site and topic, so i apologize in advance if this question has already been asked.

i know some of the basic points of deism (the 'clockmaker' view of god, the no-revelation/reasoning aspect) but i was wondering, what are some of the more abstract/in-depth concepts of deism?

6 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2008 - 8:42PM #2
cclendenen
[QUOTE=I-Ron-Knee;887727]hello, I'm new to this site and topic, so i apologize in advance if this question has already been asked.

i know some of the basic points of deism (the 'clockmaker' view of god, the no-revelation/reasoning aspect) but i was wondering, what are some of the more abstract/in-depth concepts of deism?

Deism has no tenets, no dogma. There is nothing to memorize, no hymns, no prayer necessary. Wikipedia is not necessarily a good source for all subjects, but the Deism page there is not bad.

There are many flavors of Deism: Classical, Modern, Christian, Panendeism, and the list goes on.

I lean towards the constructive, positive form of Deism. The critical type of Deism is probably more common. I would suggest sampling http://deism.com and http://deistalliance.org and see which is more to your liking. These sources lead to dozens of other sources.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2008 - 2:37AM #3
RevKeithWright
Just beware of the Temple of Reason site.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2008 - 7:11AM #4
cclendenen
[QUOTE=RevKeithWright;896967]Just beware of the Temple of Reason site.[/QUOTE]

The Temple of Reason is not a member of the Deist Alliance.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2008 - 5:46PM #5
RevKeithWright
[QUOTE=cclendenen;900959]The Temple of Reason is not a member of the Deist Alliance.[/QUOTE]

That is true...Still, beware...during your quest...of the Temple of Reason site.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook