Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
3 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2012 - 3:15PM #11
Michelle1313

I was introduced to it firstly by my father, whose side of the family has a rich and long history of magical practices and folkloreist beliefs.  My best friend in elementary school at the time....her mother was a practicing Witch and said she saw something very powerful in me and gave me my first book on Wicca and Witchcraft.

Well, thats how it started. lol.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 3:28PM #12
Ladyphoenixheart

Oct 30, 2008 -- 1:59PM, tameless_heart wrote:

My mom read tarot and did "witchcraft" all through out my childhood. My granny is Native American. My great-great grandmother wasa Swedish fortune teller- it just was in my blood. I was never forbidden to study or read about anything so I took to paganism like a duck to water. The only struggle I did have was trying to come out of the cliche broomclosest. I went to a friend's bible study and renounced Christianity that same night. My mother still considers herself ironically a staunch catholic. She thinks I"m Wiccan (which isn't quite right, but it gets the point across to the family), but she's ok with it. I've had a long complicated set of life experiences that would make a great movie, and all these just sort of solidified to me what I was.

I envy you, friend. I wish I had the accepting and experienced environment you had. I wish I had contact with my Native American relatives, but they were all pretty much banished from the family by my stiff-backed Christian grandparents for practicing Mysticism and their own religion. I would like to speak with you sometime :)

Blessed be

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook