Switch to Forum Live View This Morning's Sunrise
6 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2008 - 3:17AM #1
TygerTyger
I set off for work at 7am this morning. In the west the moon hung as bright as a pearl. The thin cloud could not mask it but rather created a halo effect. I wish I had a camera in the car because I would have stopped and took some pictures.

Heading north out of the city I glanced to the east to see one of the best sunrises of the year. The thin cloud was slowly turning from pink to red. It was ribboned across the sky and looked like unmoving waves. In a snap shot would think that you were looking at a picture of the morning sea flipped upside down.

By the time I reached work, some 30 minutes later, the whole sky was ablaze, a beautiful painting from a red palette with a bright white-yellow flash on the horizon as the sun finally began to appear. The moon still shone in the west, wrapped now in a pink veil through which it gleamed with a vivid white light.

It was one of those moments where you should stop whatever it is you are doing and just enjoy the spectacle, because you will never see it again! (As I had arrived at work I did just that too!)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2008 - 5:13PM #2
EyesoftheWorld
See here how everything...
Lead up to this day;
And it's just like any other day that's...
Ever been.

Sun going up and then,
the Sun, it goin' down....

Shiiiiiine!!! through my window,
and my friends they come around...

- bridge from "Black Peter", by the Grateful Dead

Hey there Tyger Tyger (burning bright?), I read your post and at first had nothing to add really... you write well! Then this part of a great song just dawned in my head...
I figured I'd share.

thanks!
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2008 - 8:29AM #3
TygerTyger
Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you enjoyed it but the words don't come anywhere close to describing the real scene!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 10:28AM #4
EyesoftheWorld
I understand.
Have you ever heard "Talking about music is like dancing about architecture."?

I reckon describing something as profound as the subjective perspective the that cosmic event would probably fall a bit short.

it's the thought that counts though.

So, if you don't mind me asking, is your name inspired by the Blake poem?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2008 - 4:02PM #5
TygerTyger
Yes indeed.

I studied Blake at college and became quite a fan of the obscure rebel.

However, 'The Tigers' is also the nickname of the football team I support, and the Tiger is my favourite of the big cats; so it all just seemed to fit really!

I love words too, so trying to describe that which is (almost?) impossible to describe is close to being a spiritual activity for me, however, I'm not much of a dancer!

"Eyes of the World" is a pretty profound username too!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2008 - 11:50AM #6
EyesoftheWorld
You are the Eyes of the World.... everything everyone "knows" has to come through their senses....

It's a Grateful Dead song.

The musicians on the stage did not write their lyrics... they had two incredible poets.. Robert Hunter and John Barlow.

I like Blake, but not as much as Frost, Whitman and Browning.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2008 - 3:34AM #7
TygerTyger
I used to read poetry a lot but I don't seem to have the time these days.

I get my poetry rush watching the natural world now, we had another fabulous sunrise this morning, very different to the one I described above, this had lots of colours, yellows, blues, reds, and the cloud formations were different from north to south.

I am going to have to start bringing a camera with me!

"Much I ponder why you ask me, and why you should come hither. "
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2008 - 12:11PM #8
EyesoftheWorld
if you want to read a staggeringly tour-de-force of a novel, check out The Recognitions,which is where I came across that snippet of Hungarian Gypsy... I had to do my own research to find out the origin...

that book though is incredible...
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook