Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View How did you become a Baha'i?
2 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2015 - 9:28PM #1
arthra999
Goodness gracias.. It's been along time... I was browsing in the A.K. Smiley Library and found two books "Baha'i World Faith" and "Baha'u'llah and the New Era".. and fell in love with the Faith... It was lateer that I learned that A.K. Smiley a secvretary of the intrerior and indian affairs under oh maybe mckinley had actually met Abdul-Baha in Mohonk New York in 1912... Smiley had invited Abdul-Baha to an international peace conference there at the Smiley mansion in Mohonk!  Abdul-Baha gave Smiley a Persian rug..Wow I first heard about the Faith in a Library Smiley had donated.. He was a philanthropist.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2015 - 9:29AM #2
world citizen

I chose to read Dr. Esslemont's Baha'u'llah and the New Era to write a paper for a Comparative Religions assignment.  I had never heard of the Baha'i Faith and wasn't even sure how to pronounce the Blessed Beauty's name.  By the time I finished the book, I had made a point to find a Baha'i to speak with.  I had many questions but was wowed by what I had read.  It was only a few short steps before I declared my belief in The Bab and Baha'u'llah a month later.

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love.  ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook