Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View Dating in the truth.
5 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2008 - 8:35PM #51
anzertree
Of course we all have our opinions. I firmly believe a little speculation can be encouraging, as long as we don't take ourselves too seriously. Waiting on Jehovah is the best advice, but it wont stop our imperfect minds from wondering about his righteous plans. Indeed, I am sure many visitors of this forum merely want to please him. I know that is my biggest concern. The very first time I heard of Jehovah's purpose for a paradise earth, I would imagine just how it would be to reside in such a place. A place without fear or rejection. A place free of worry and greed. No more imperfection. So intensely were my thoughts, I had dreams about the new world and the people in it. The most comforting thought of all, is someday we wont have to dream anymore. Shortly now it will all come to fruition. Then we wont dream, we will awake to Jehovah's new world, and the dream will never end.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2008 - 11:26PM #52
annakam
[QUOTE=anzertree;836872]Of course we all have our opinions. I firmly believe a little speculation can be encouraging, as long as we don't take ourselves too seriously. Waiting on Jehovah is the best advice, but it wont stop our imperfect minds from wondering about his righteous plans. Indeed, I am sure many visitors of this forum merely want to please him. I know that is my biggest concern. The very first time I heard of Jehovah's purpose for a paradise earth, I would imagine just how it would be to reside in such a place. A place without fear or rejection. A place free of worry and greed. No more imperfection. So intensely were my thoughts, I had dreams about the new world and the people in it. The most comforting thought of all, is someday we wont have to dream anymore. Shortly now it will all come to fruition. Then we wont dream, we will awake to Jehovah's new world, and the dream will never end.[/QUOTE]
amazing.....if i were to make it to paradise.....i hope my grandfather made it there too and i can witness to him....if not me then someone else....but either way it would be nice to see all of dear and precious loved ones along with ourselves there.....and seeing a world without hate and everything else bad about it
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2008 - 11:03AM #53
anzertree
[QUOTE=annakam;837202]if i were to make it to paradise.....[/QUOTE]

Do not do that to yourself. There is only one way to make it to paradise. Only with Jehovah's help can we overcome our obstacles. The word 'if' implies that we are on our own. Doubting success is an achilles heel. Where our abilities fail, Jehovah can and will aid our efforts. Just as was brought out yesterday in the meeting, we need to treat ourselves with dignity and respect, just as Jehovah does. Jehovah loves all of us, he is very patient, and desires that we all come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9) He understands our weaknesses and limitations. He will never leave us to face our problems alone.

Not long ago I was a chain smoker and a drug addict. If it was not for Jehovah I would not have been able to overcome my worldly desires and addictions. Faith is not simply the possibility of inheriting paradise. It is assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld. (Hebrews 11:1) The only way we can have this assurance is by trusting in Jehovah. We must demonstrate our love for him by trusting him, by being ready to suffer for him. If he sees that we are determined to succeed, he will help us to preserver through even the most trying of times.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2008 - 1:02PM #54
Nomi69
[QUOTE=anzertree;837771]Do not do that to yourself. There is only one way to make it to paradise. Only with Jehovah's help can we overcome our obstacles. The word 'if' implies that we are on our own. Doubting success is an achilles heel. Where our abilities fail, Jehovah can and will aid our efforts. Just as was brought out yesterday in the meeting, we need to treat ourselves with dignity and respect, just as Jehovah does. Jehovah loves all of us, he is very patient, and desires that we all come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9) He understands our weaknesses and limitations. He will never leave us to face our problems alone.

Not long ago I was a chain smoker and a drug addict. If it was not for Jehovah I would not have been able to overcome my worldly desires and addictions. Faith is not simply the possibility of inheriting paradise. It is assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld. (Hebrews 11:1) The only way we can have this assurance is by trusting in Jehovah. We must demonstrate our love for him by trusting him, by being ready to suffer for him. If he sees that we are determined to succeed, he will help us to preserver through even the most trying of times.[/QUOTE]

What an encouraging story. Just shows how much our faith in Jehovah GOD can do for us. When we are trying, he knows, and by means of his loving son...will help us push on until we succeed.  I am so glad you hung in there until you won your battle. While difficult...these experiences can help make us stronger in the end. I wish you continued success. Take care.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 10:21AM #55
southerngirl1
This thread has really gone a full circle.  Poor Obb must wonder what happened.

I said I'd come back and post some traits in the available brothers.  Having reread Obb's first post I've decided not to.  He was obviously serious and I wasn't.  I can see now that he really feels strongly about the type of sisters that are out there.

The only thing I'd like to recommend is ... don't take yourself so seriously.  Sit back and relax.  When you least expect it, the right one will come your way.  Pray about this and leave it in Jehovah's hands. 

Personally, I think if a person (sister or brother) can wait, it might be best in these trying times to be single.  That's just me but I really hope you 'Obb' will find the right lady for you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 12:28PM #56
chateau.man
....and a person is always wise to take a look in the mirror every now and then to make sure that they are not broadcasting the same negative qualities as he/she is condemning (Matt 7:3-5).  We might ask for an honest answer from an honest friend who is willing to tell you the truth about yourself, because we ourselves may not even see them.  We all have faults.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2008 - 1:05AM #57
jamaymay
i really liked number 10 i dont know why........but all i could say dont give up or wait until paradise. but for a word of encouragement if thats what you see in the halls maybe in the english speaking ones try taking up a langauge (you dont even need to know it fluently, as long as you could give a basic presentation, if some one becomes interested just turn it over to someone who cane speak the language better, these are just vists not transfereing to another conregation)  i know personally you might find a lot of number 8's or the ones looking for "sexual relief" as you said in the french conregations mostly because its a love language so mostly woman speak it. and you could also try being a little more picky at first it might be annoying for some and to you, but if you just make a list and pick ones that are interested in you and mark off ther qualities according to the list, you'll find the one you want.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook