Switch to Forum Live View Maltheism Forum R.I.P.
6 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2008 - 7:42AM #1
mohanchous
Rest in peace.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2008 - 9:51PM #2
moyzo1
Figure that as long as there are a couple of us here then this board isnt dead yet.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2008 - 12:13AM #3
whichone
It hasn't been a very lively forum.  I really miss shoemaker and daysgoneby, and the founder of the forum Paul Zimmerman.  I wonder what his son Craig is up to?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 10:38PM #4
ftlman123

Maltheist, would have made sure that the forum did not rest in peace. If he didn't add to or comment on his ideaology (his version) he sure would have commented on worshipers or even invited some to the forum to debate.  I think it's a shame that his vision for his forum was not respected.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2009 - 7:36PM #5
moyzo1

Some of us do what we can but we dont have the ability to express our beliefs the way maltheist was able too.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 2:15AM #6
whichone

Paul was an articulate man, not many are as articulate as him.  Mohancous, Shoemaker, and a few others that my old mind can't pull up are pretty good posters.  I don't know what Paul's son Craig is up to.  I think part of the problem is the beliefnet community forums in general are slowing down a lot.  The entire system is less active.  It is not unusual for me to find no forum on beliefnet with less than a week old post.  I used to be very active in the maltheism forum and several other forums.  Now, I just occasionally visit here.  The first beta glitches irritated me so much that I started coming here less.  Every time that I have to get used to a new format or deal with glitches again, I feel less interested in returning.  It may only be because I am not used to the new format, but I find it more difficult to navigate to the places I want to go on beliefnet.  Having to work harder to do what I want turns me off to this site.  I also have a very busy life now, so I am less likely to put time in here.  There are other websites that I have come to enjoy.  More sites are competing for my time.  I used to talk books a little bit a beliefnet, but now I have a group of friends in real life that I talk books with.  I have met a few open minded friends in the last year who love spirited religious debates, but aren't mean at all.  I learn so much from them.  We laugh a lot and recommend books to eachother.  We disagree strongly with eachother, but some how it never leads to name calling.  Maybe being face to face with people you that you know, like, respect, and admire makes disagreement less negative.  Well, I tried to spell it several times, but just can't remember........  Anonymous people finding it easier to be mean.  I am only posting today because I am on vacation.  My miserable painful ear infection is finally starting to heal.  Yesterday, I planned to stop by, but I had fun at a pot luck lunch with family then I went out to hiking and dinner with one of my best girlfriends.  We had a blast.  After the hiking, I was too tired to spend time on the internet.  I will be enjoying a cabin on Mount Rainier Sept 13-19.  There will be no internet connection there.  LOL....I refuse to be a slave to technology, so my cellphone is just a phone.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook