Page 4 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Your Random Life Events
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 3:39PM #31
moksha8088
Wanted to add this Albert Brooks joke that I thought was fun:

St. Peter wants to take an hour off of guarding the Pearly Gates, and he needs to go do something, so he asks Jesus Christ to fill in for him.

And Jesus says, "I've never done this before."

St.Peter says, "It's easy. Just stand here. If anybody shows up, find out who they are, look them up in the Book of Life and let em' in. Probably nobody will show up in the hour I'm gone anyway."

So Jesus is sitting there. An old man shows up. Jesus says, "Can I have your name?"

The old man says, "I don't remember my name."

Jesus says "OK, where are you from?"

The old guy says, "I don't really remember."

Jesus says, "Well gee. You're gonna have to remember something, 'cause I'm gonna have to look you up in the Book of Life. You don't remember anything?"

The old man says, "Well I remember I was a carpenter. And I remember that I had a son who was known and loved throughout the world from the time he was born."

And Jesus looks at him, and a tear starts in Jesus' eye. And he says to the old man, "Father?"

And the old man says, "Pinocchio?"

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2008 - 1:33AM #32
Ayelet2
Well, it's the end of a looooong day of watching screens because I've been down all day trying to rest my back.  It's been a while, but I've spent the last hour or so here on the LDS board seeing who's still here, who's new since I was last here, and what you all are talking about these days.  Was tempted to write a few posts, but decided that would just be weird. 
My random event to share is that today I watched a DVD of an HBO movie called "Iron Jawed Angels."  It's a little Hollywood and certainly not a documentary, but it tells the mostly factual story of the suffragists who fought and sacrificed in the early 1900's for women's right to vote.  If you happen upon the movie, it is worth watching, in my opinion.
Thanks, Moksha, for a place to drop in and say hi without getting into it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2008 - 5:31PM #33
UwishUwereMe
VIRGILINVATICANUS has made the last couple days so unfun here.  I am gonna stop contributing.  I cannot take the time to try to defend myself from personal attacks about my intellegence and abilities.  This used to be a fun place to discuss and have friendly debate.  Now there is one person here turning this place into a shooting range and we are his clays.

~Peace everyone.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2008 - 7:16PM #34
BillThinks4Himself
[QUOTE=UwishUwereMe;935803]VIRGILINVATICANUS has made the last couple days so unfun here.  I am gonna stop contributing.  I cannot take the time to try to defend myself from personal attacks about my intellegence and abilities.  This used to be a fun place to discuss and have friendly debate.  Now there is one person here turning this place into a shooting range and we are his clays.

~Peace everyone.[/QUOTE]

Don't go.  This, too, will pass.  Maybe this guy's purpose was to remind us of where contention gets us.  I'm not above a certain amount of mud-tossing but the moment this thread started looking like the Mormon Discussion/Debate thread, the point came home with a vengeance.

Screw 'em.  We can survive such nonsense.  This thread will get good again.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2008 - 3:48PM #35
moksha8088
Bill is right. That which does not kill us, only leaves us maimed. :D

Ayelet, drop in any time.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2008 - 2:04PM #36
faithful29
Went to Sears yesterday and bought an eliptical (not a good speller, sorry) trainer for my christmas present. Hopfully, it will help me shed a few unwanted inches.

Let my daughter walk the 150 yards from the bus stop to our house by herself yesterday, too. She's 7. She felt independent, I felt a little sick to my stomach. She told me to "Chillax". What's that?

Been filling in for the Head Cheer Coach at practices (I'm the Assistant Cheer Coach) while she is struggling with possible cancer. I'm supposed to be taking over as head coach for the 2009-2010 season. Scared to death already, and completely worried about the Head Coach, who's also a very good friend of mine.

I went to the grocery store this morning. Bought milk there for the first time because it was 2.59 a gallon on sale, instead of the usual 4.39 a gallon. Everything else cost me an arm and a leg, and probably my first born.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2008 - 10:10PM #37
moksha8088
Faithful, this is my favorite cheer:

Lean to the left
Lean to the right
Stand up
Sit down
Fight, fight, fight

This can be used both on the field and when appearing before Congress.

:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2008 - 10:29PM #38
withwonderingawe
Good for you!

We’re counting down too, 3 more years and we’re out of here.
Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 25, 2008 - 1:45PM #39
Ironhold
Just did 2,198 words for a book I'm writing.

All in a single chapter, no less.

Two personal records.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2008 - 3:50PM #40
Ironhold
[QUOTE=Ironhold;977352]Just did 2,198 words for a book I'm writing.

All in a single chapter, no less.

Two personal records.[/QUOTE]

On Sunday I put 2,193 into a single chapter.

I'm getting good.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook