Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Your Random Life Events
6 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2008 - 7:28PM #1
moksha8088
I thought I would create a thread about random life events, where you could let us know what you are up to, what you have planned or even stuff you did in the past. Please feel free to tell us about yourself if you would like.

This thread can even be open to those from the debate forum as long as they leave debating out of this thread.

So the floor is open...
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2008 - 7:33PM #2
moksha8088
I will start.  I found a package of steaks from February 2003 at the bottom of the freezer this morning.  Instead of tossing them, I soaked them in a brine solution for about five hours and then chopped them up and made creamed chipped beef for dinner.  Hope I don't swell up and die from some freezer burn bacteria.  Didn't taste too bad. :o
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2008 - 9:34PM #3
Ironhold
For one of my college courses, I've got a professor who is teaching a bachelor's level course like it's a master's or doctoral level course.

End result? An overly long research paper with asinine criteria (among other things, our bibliography is being held to a higher standard than the bibliographies of the sources we cite) that keep changing on us... for the worst.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2008 - 11:54PM #4
Ironhold
[QUOTE=MMCSFOX;617163]“For one of my college courses, I've got a professor who is teaching a bachelor's level course like it's a master's or doctoral level course.”
Ahhh, this is the kind of professor that I have walked out of after the first day of class, then taking something else at the last minute.

I got into my first law class after walking out on a professor that used profanity in class and have never looked back.

Of course now I’m a Find Law junkie but it has been worth it.

Jesse F.
If I try to be like him, who will be like me?
- Yiddish Proverb[/QUOTE]

Due to a mistake on my part, I missed the first day of class.

The paperwork listed "TR" as the date for the class, leading me to think "Thursdays" instead of "Tuesdays and Thursdays."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2008 - 3:22AM #5
BillThinks4Himself
[QUOTE=moksha8088;616736]I thought I would create a thread about random life events, where you could let us know what you are up to, what you have planned or even stuff you did in the past. Please feel free to tell us about yourself if you would like.

This thread can even be open to those from the debate forum as long as they leave debating out of this thread.

So the floor is open...[/QUOTE]

I'm building FrankenTheater, a home-made speaker system for my living room.  At home in the summer with nothing to do except bankrupt my family, I bought a Yamaha receiver, along with a pair of 15" woofers (with 90 ounce magnets), a pair of midrange domes and a pair of super tweeters.  I've got B&G Neo8 ribbon tweeters coming next week.  I discovered, early on, that despite the crossover circuit I ordered, the midrange and tweeter scream ahead of my woofers, so I'm installing L-Pads to balance out the mix.  I think this will be better than using equalizers because it will let me change the volume of each speaker type rather than color the signal.

My only problem is that my living room is too small to clutter up with speaker towers and 15" woofers require 5-9 cubic feet to breathe.  So, with my wife's grudging permission, I've decided to gut my entertainment center, shore it up with MDF and turn this pair of matching telephone booths into a giant pair of towers.

Folks will say I'm compensating for something.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2008 - 8:27AM #6
withwonderingawe
Our little Matt (6), the snake boy, found one with a bird in it’s mouth he was carrying it around by the tail. We all sat around watching the snake but it bit off more than it could swallow and finally had to spit the poor bird out.
Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2008 - 10:32AM #7
UwishUwereMe
Even though I grew up WAY out in the country on a farm on a lake, I am DEATHLY afraid of all things, toads.  I live in one of these hoity toity suburbs that is built around a bunch of lakes and wetlands, and I decided to go for a stroll at 1:00 am to the SA for some combos and a bottle of sierra mist.  The sidewalk and street was COVERED in those little freaks!!!  I didn't think I would make it there and back.

No talking salamanders with wise counsel for me thoughm I had to do this on my own.  WINK
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2008 - 8:27AM #8
withwonderingawe
Our little Matt (6), the snake boy, found one with a bird in it’s mouth he was carrying it around by the tail. We all sat around watching the snake but it bit off more than it could swallow and finally had to spit the poor bird out.
Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2008 - 10:32AM #9
UwishUwereMe
Even though I grew up WAY out in the country on a farm on a lake, I am DEATHLY afraid of all things, toads.  I live in one of these hoity toity suburbs that is built around a bunch of lakes and wetlands, and I decided to go for a stroll at 1:00 am to the SA for some combos and a bottle of sierra mist.  The sidewalk and street was COVERED in those little freaks!!!  I didn't think I would make it there and back.

No talking salamanders with wise counsel for me thoughm I had to do this on my own.  WINK
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2008 - 7:08PM #10
withwonderingawe
Hubby had a tooth pulled today:o
Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement