Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View muslim woman marrying People of the Book
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 11:43AM #31
GraceSA
[QUOTE]

mmustahsan wrote:

Believe me- by Islamic standards no woman of the Book at least in the west - none at all, can be said to be chaste and pious.

quote]
[/QUOTE]
Excuse me???? Are you Allah??? That is the single most arrogant judgmental statement I think I've ever read on these boards. Absolultely unbelievable. I hope ALLah judges you the way your judge others.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2009 - 1:47PM #32
mmustahsan
For Gos' sake, Tinyone 664, don't transgress the limits set by Allah if you are a God fearing Muslima. There are dozens of verses in the holy Quran which forbid such unions one or other way. Allah will give you a better substitute if you have firm faith in Him. A Muslim cannot marry a non Muslim except in very rare circumstances where Muslim men are allowed to marry chaste and pious women from the people of the Books- and I don't think in modern times any woman of the Book can fulfill the criteria of piety and virtue set by Islam (many Muslim women and men as well!).

Your parents if they oppose your marriage are right. They love you more than any one else can. Listen to them, listen to the imam and most of all Listen to Allah and His prophet (saw). May Allah save you from evil. Amen!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 1:44AM #33
Miraj
Your parents if they oppose your marriage are right. They love you more than any one else can. Listen to them, listen to the imam and most of all Listen to Allah and His prophet (saw). May Allah save you from evil. Amen!

Allah loves her more than anyone else can, and she should listen to Him. Her parents are wrong about His Word, as are you, for the Quran has nothing in it that disallows marrriage between Muslimas and good ahl al kitab men.

BTW, many Muslims have changed their opinon about this issues since I married out in the 1970's. And on Beliefnet, it was considered a closed topic before I came along. Now, it's much easier to discuss it rationally and with less opposition than it was 8 years ago when I first started posting here about my own circumstances.
Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 10:42AM #34
mmustahsan
Allah loves her more than people like you. That is why He has given His clear verdict about the invalidity of such marriages by pointedly omitting the Muslim women while allowing Muslim men to marry the CHASTE AND PIOUS women from the people of the Books. Allah loves her and calls her to refer to His prophet for any confusions in the matters of faith. In fact at one place Allah says we cannot be true Muslims without turning to the prophet (pbuh) in any debatable matters in faith, and accepting his judgement whole heartedly.

I never find you to advise her to find what is the opinion of our prophet in this matter. In fact it is a sign of the hypocrites to claim to be among the faithful and yet turn to "taghut" (the false judges) for the judgements. (Holy Quran 4: 60). You, siter Miraj, refuse to accept the opinions of the prophet and His companions and turn to the opinions of some dubious websites and faceless people of doubtful character, knowledge and integrity of character to get the judgement of your choice.
In Holy Quran 3:7, Allah says that those in whose hearts there is deviation, follow what is not entirely clear from the Quranic verses and seek for hidden meanings in them (as you iderectly infer the validity of Muslim women - non Muslim / Christian men marriges as Allah is silent about the position of Muslim women in this matter). You are seeking a hidden meaning in the verse concerned.

You seek "taghut" to support your views and run away from Allah's prophet. You want to exploit the so called ambiguity in the verse allowing Muslim men to marry the chaste and pious women from the people of the Books and are trying to get the hidden meanings. You are encouraging sinful relationships and contaminating the noble life of good Muslimas who don't know much about heir faith.

That is really sad.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 7:13AM #35
mmustahsan

Miraj wrote:

Allah loves her more than anyone else can, and she should listen to Him. Her parents are wrong about His Word, as are you, for the Quran has nothing in it that disallows marrriage between Muslimas and good ahl al kitab men.

BTW, many Muslims have changed their opinon about this issues since I married out in the 1970's. And on Beliefnet, it was considered a closed topic before I came along. Now, it's much easier to discuss it rationally and with less opposition than it was 8 years ago when I first started posting here about my own circumstances.

I had replied to this post of sister Miraj but she apears to have deleted or got it deleted, possibly because it was difficult for her to answer that.

Anyway, there is absolutely no evidence of these unions being allowed in Islam. Simply declaring the matter closed will not do. It is not the question of some Muslims changing their mind in any matter. The question is that did Allah and His prophet chaneg their mind in the said problem? Who are the so called Muslims who dare to validate a union which is never endorsed in Islam?

I don't want to comment upon your marriages to the Christians. That is your personal headache, but in what authority do you legalise it? Are you turning to false judges (taghuts) for judgements rather than Allah and His messenger as describes in Holy Quran 4: 60? Why do you want this poor lady to enter in to a sinful relationship? what is her fault?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2009 - 2:17PM #36
mmustahsan
This matter is related to the faith and spirituality of the Muslims and cannot be closed by a few people marginalised in the global Islamic society. The Muslim- non Muslim marriages are in general prohibited in Islam and the verse giving provisional permission to the Muslim men to marry the noble and pious women of the Books doesn't include Muslim women for the same kind of unions. This is how prophet Mohammad understood it and how the entire ummah has took it all along these fourteen hundred plus years of Islamic history.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook