Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Dark teachings and how to tell them
6 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2008 - 2:15PM #1
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Do you believe in Mother Nature?

Only in the same metaphorical context that you do.

If not, does the power of chance have the ability to calculate probability or change to an exact happening ?

I'm not familiar with the "power of chance".

So what is the probability of let's say a bird hitting a window near you exactly three minutes and thirty seconds after you read this message.

Don't know, don't care.

In any event it seems I wouldn't be the one that would poss a threat to your existence.
So why would you threaten me, unless you believe what I say is true?

You're no threat, you're just in the wrong place.  This is the pagan community board. 

Dead things are dead and I don't pretend that I have the power to bring them to life.

Neither do I.

So you are stuck with one choice ........................  Apology excepted, your exsistence confirmed.

??????

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 2:40AM #2
CommieJesus
Eventually you might be in the position of seeking a "group" of like
minded, spiritual bunch where you can feel at ease and have some
healthy exchange of ideas.
There are lots of groups and occult teachings that mask themselves as
part of the Light, where in fact they are rather dark indeed. Without
getting into the specifics and naming names I will divulge some easy
to tell key points.
1) The leader of the group tells you or implies that leaving the group
or teaching might somehow deter or alter your chances of enlightenment
or imperil you of gaining God's consciousness.
2) The group collects money or charges for the Teaching they impart.
This is a sure sign what "god" they worship and that is money.

The brotherhood of darkness has successfully infiltrated and corrupted
many of the teachings and it is usually not cognizant to the members
that it is actually taking place. You can use common sense and
DISCRIMINATION to seek help and as always when your heart is in the
right place, help will be given.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 7:54AM #3
CreakyHedgewitch
Since you have specifically posted this warning on the Paganism board and not elsewhere, did you have a reason behind doing so?

Common sense, discrimination and the ability to recognise cult behaviour (such as your two points) are already widely known amongst those who self-identify as Pagans. A reminder of this is not inappropriate from time to time though it is unlikely to generate much discussion.

On the other hand, a belief in a ‘brotherhood of darkness’ or considering modern Paganism to be part of the occult is more often found elsewhere and normally considered irrelevant to the modern Paganism Movement. 

C.H.
Beliefnet Host
Paganism Board
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 8:34AM #4
Sacrificialgoddess
CH, doesn't this belong on the debate board?
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 10:01AM #5
CommieJesus
No, I am a "pagan" of sorts, (except I do not call mysefl that) I have not found a good forum for the Gnostic, neo-pagan, Ancient Wisdom) stuff yet.
I consider the entire "oganized religion" dark with certain exceptions, (what are rules without exceptions?)

[QUOTE=CreakyHedgewitch;565671]Since you have specifically posted this warning on the Paganism board and not elsewhere, did you have a reason behind doing so?

Common sense, discrimination and the ability to recognise cult behaviour (such as your two points) are already widely known amongst those who self-identify as Pagans. A reminder of this is not inappropriate from time to time though it is unlikely to generate much discussion.

On the other hand, a belief in a ‘brotherhood of darkness’ or considering modern Paganism to be part of the occult is more often found elsewhere and normally considered irrelevant to the modern Paganism Movement. 

C.H.
Beliefnet Host
Paganism Board[/QUOTE]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 10:37AM #6
Al_Jaeger
Ok, the point is?
Curios you post the message here in thePagan forum. It just reminds me of the thought so much of the world believes that pagans are somehow involved with the occult.
If you have been around this forum as long as some of us, you will know these people as some of the best souls around. there is nothing but peace and honesty here.
The dark ones are redirected elsewhere.

As far as your aligation that the entire organized religion is dark is not true. The established faiths do a lot of good for many people. They do not fear leaving the church as they have no motivation to leave. They love thier God and dogma. Who are we to say they are wrong or their church is dark and manipulatiive?
As long as they do not push their dogma on me or threaten the world with Jihad, I am ok with them.
Commie, I too am a Gnostic. I too have found little as far as forums for the Gnostics. In fact, most of the Gnostic churches I have found are too dogmatic for me.  I am more ecclectic and open to all faiths and thought.  That is why I go to the pagan forum most of the time.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 7:13PM #7
runeman11
I would dispute the notion that any group which collects money is automaticly bad or "dark." Many groups (my own included) collect money for various reasons (giving to various charities, paying for communial ritual supplies, paying for coven trips, books and such). 

A group collecting money is not the same as someone saying that "x amount of dollars equals y amount of enlightenment/salvation."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 7:13PM #8
runeman11
I would dispute the notion that any group which collects money is automaticly bad or "dark." Many groups (my own included) collect money for various reasons (giving to various charities, paying for communial ritual supplies, paying for coven trips, books and such). 

A group collecting money is not the same as someone saying that "x amount of dollars equals y amount of enlightenment/salvation."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 9:34PM #9
mainecaptain

runeman11 wrote:

I agree, there are a few good reasons to ask for some funding, charity work and supplies are not un-honourable.

HexPainter wrote:

The only place I was asked to Tithe 10% after the Government takes their 33.3% (local, State & Fed) was the place that teaches the "Golden Rule"

Those who have the Gold make the Rules...

Sounds familiar, yes,  yes it does. And you are so right.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2008 - 12:50AM #10
CommieJesus
God damn we are sooo sensitive, aren't we? Here is the point. The Dark forces are everywhere. True teachings are always a target for corruption. Being in the occult is not the problem. Whether one practices the dark side is.
Yes, Star Wars always had it right. There is no point posting this to the evangelical Christian group as they are way over the top. Most people here could get it. (Well obviously not all).

[QUOTE=Al_Jaeger;565881]Ok, the point is?
Curios you post the message here in thePagan forum. It just reminds me of the thought so much of the world believes that pagans are somehow involved with the occult.
If you have been around this forum as long as some of us, you will know these people as some of the best souls around. there is nothing but peace and honesty here.
The dark ones are redirected elsewhere.

As far as your aligation that the entire organized religion is dark is not true. The established faiths do a lot of good for many people. They do not fear leaving the church as they have no motivation to leave. They love thier God and dogma. Who are we to say they are wrong or their church is dark and manipulatiive?
As long as they do not push their dogma on me or threaten the world with Jihad, I am ok with them.
Commie, I too am a Gnostic. I too have found little as far as forums for the Gnostics. In fact, most of the Gnostic churches I have found are too dogmatic for me.  I am more ecclectic and open to all faiths and thought.  That is why I go to the pagan forum most of the time.[/QUOTE]
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook