Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The criminal has cancer.
7 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2008 - 5:24AM #1
whichone
Maltheist oldtimers will understand what I am talking about, when I mention the criminal.  I have discussed frequently how God's inability or lack of desire to stop the criminal has effected my view of God's character.  I just found out today that the criminal has an aggressive cancer that doesn't have good treatment choices.  My parent's were grief stricken.  I wanted to dance, but was afraid that they were yanking my train trying to guilt trip me, but a fellow survivor of the criminal's acts of violence and rape assured me gleefully that he is in fact dying of a painful dipilitating cancer.  He is going to an expensive cancer center for experimental treatment.  No one has told me the name of the cancer.  The fellow survivor didn't know.  She only knew that he had lost all his hair due to chemo and he looked in pain when she saw him.  Could God be finally coming through?  Is God finally stopping the violent pedophile from raping anymore children?  What a relief it would be to no longer agonize over the fact that I have failed in all my attempts to bring the criminal to justice and to stop him from raping more girls and boys?  Certainly, I loathe him and don't mind him having a terrible.......possibily terminal cancer.  I only like the thought of his death because I would know for sure he wasn't raping anymore children.  I don't have any evidense beyond the few victims after me 5 years later that told me he raped them.  He might theoretically have stopped raping children after he finished with them, but I think it is highly unlikely because he never took any responsibility for his actions and more evilly he gloated about his actions.  One of his sick ......fetishes....is that the word?  I don't know what you would call it.  He liked to relish his past evils in a learing way by verbally reminding his victim of his criminal actions.  It is so loathsome and repulsive to me, I can't even repeat the kind of things he would say.  Any way that kind of evilness doesn't give me a lot of hope that he decided to change his ways,.  If this experimental treatment cures him, I will be really depressed.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2008 - 12:21PM #2
mohanchous
Sorry for my lateness in responding, there hasn't been much activity on the forum of late, and I have only been perusing the site infrequently.

I can sympathize with your satisfaction that a cruel fate has befallen a cruel person, but I can't empathize, maybe because I wasn't on the receiving end of the cruelty. It brings me more joy to see evil avoided than avenged. You may feel happy that God has inflicted suffering on the guilty, but how did you feel when God was inflicting suffering on the innocent? The Bible says nothing happens without God's leave, and if so, the things that were done to you were done with God's approval. And when you stop to consider all that God causes and countenances, you find that every one of God's kindnesses is ofset by ten cruelties, every justice by a hundred injustices, every miracle by a thousand disasters.

I would not praise God because he decided to stop evil long after the damage had been done.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2008 - 11:16PM #3
whichone
I understand what you are saying. I was being kind of tongue in cheek about praising God for finally doing something. I am not so interested in the criminal suffering as I am in knowing for sure that he will never rape another child. That is what I really want the end of his crimes. I would be just as happy if he got life in prison for his crimes or if I knew for sure he completely repentanted of his crimes and from a knowledge of the evilness of his crimes just stopped raping children. I think it is very unlikely that one who gloats about his evil deeds and threatens those who witness against him has stopped committing evil deeds.

I have been pretty busy too.  I hardly get on the internet at all lately let alone getting to beliefnet.   My husband and I are building a new house.  So far his family and us are doing all the labor.......luckily he comes from a family of carpenters, electricians, and masons.  We haven't reached the point where we have had to bring in professionals yet.  Last week, I used a circular saw for the first time.  I was very nervous with visions of chopping off my hand or fingers.  My husband was very careful training me.  I felt a lot of pride cutting the lumber used to put up the exterior walls of our house.  It made me realize what a fine charity Habitat for Humanity must be.   I have lived in new houses built by professionals, but there is something special about actually building your own house with your own labor.  You feel a deeper ownershipt than if a professional builds it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2008 - 5:18PM #4
mohanchous
Yeah. Two months ago I lost a house, and one month ago I lost a job. Glad things are going well for you, but God is still a dick to some of us.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2008 - 5:20PM #5
mohanchous
This forum and my home page are just about dead. I suppose I'll delete my account soon.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2008 - 5:34AM #6
whichone
mohanchous,

I am very sorry to hear that you lost your job.   We wouldn't be able to have a new house if we weren't building on my in-laws farm with most of the construction labor being done by family.  I am real lucky that my husband's father taught all his sons and son-in-laws carpentry, brick layer, how to work with cement, hang dry wall and ect.  My job is up in the air, but my husband is a firefighter.....it isn't impossible for him to be laid off but unlikely because he has been in the department 15 years.  This forum has slowed down, but beliefnet overall isn't as lively as it used to be.  Although it is doing better than it did in the transition.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2008 - 5:34AM #7
whichone
mohanchous,

I am very sorry to hear that you lost your job.   We wouldn't be able to have a new house if we weren't building on my in-laws farm with most of the construction labor being done by family.  I am real lucky that my husband's father taught all his sons and son-in-laws carpentry, brick layer, how to work with cement, hang dry wall and ect.  My job is up in the air, but my husband is a firefighter.....it isn't impossible for him to be laid off but unlikely because he has been in the department 15 years.  This forum has slowed down, but beliefnet overall isn't as lively as it used to be.  Although it is doing better than it did in the transition.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2008 - 12:12AM #8
mohanchous
There's good possibilities of an equally good or better job soon. Crossing my fingers.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2008 - 4:29AM #9
whichone
I will be sending positive thoughts your way.  I am hoping for a better job for you. {{{{{Mohanchous}}}}}
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2008 - 12:08AM #10
Ask.seek.knock
{{{{{{{{Whichone and Mohanchous}}}}}}}} ... Haven't been around Bnet much myself either. I started a temp job back in late April and just haven't had the energy or interest to get online much at night or on weekends. The job is 90 days "probation" as a temp, and the "anniversary date" will be July 21, so it won't be much longer before I find out out whether I'll be hired permanently ....

Meanwhile, Whichone, I have to echo Mohanchous in that I can sympathize with you but not empathize since I have not been through an ordeal such as yours. I do hope that your statement about being [COLOR=black]"[FONT=Arial]not so interested in the criminal suffering as I am in knowing for sure that he will never rape another child" is true. From your original post, my concern for you is that you will continue to suffer a form of extended emotional abuse if the criminal does not suffer what you deem "enough" from his illness or even goes into remission from his experimental treatment. Regardless of his fate, I'm hoping that you can find some way to make true that adage, "living well is the best revenge". As for the posting you recently made in the DS forum, I think the plan to become incommunicado to your family after you move is a wise one, and hope that you will be successful there as well. Sorry to hear that your job is "up in the air" as you seemed to be really enjoying it (except for that one particular :eek: co-worker).[/COLOR][/FONT]

Mohanchous, I'm sorry to hear that there was no way for you to stop the foreclosure and that you lost your job on top of it. I'm with Whichone in hoping that a better job is just around the corner for you. I also hope that you won't quit Bnet altogether. Admittedly, things are slow here, but I would miss reading your matter-of-fact views on things, even if I am still "straddling that fence".;)

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook