Switch to Forum Live View I have two questions about soul travel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2008 - 6:31PM #1
Zorgblar
1.Can soul travel send you to hell after you die?Is it evil?
2.When doing soul travel does your soul really leave your body?Or is it all in the head?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2008 - 3:35AM #2
Zorgblar
[QUOTE=Zorgblar;546213]1.Can soul travel send you to hell after you die?Is it evil?
2.When doing soul travel does your soul really leave your body?Or is it all in the head?[/QUOTE]

Why no replies?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2008 - 7:26PM #3
bluestargazer
[QUOTE=Zorgblar;546213]1.Can soul travel send you to hell after you die?Is it evil?
2.When doing soul travel does your soul really leave your body?Or is it all in the head?[/QUOTE]

Soul Travel is becoming conscious of our real spiritual identity, which is Soul, a spiritual being.  Soul isn't limited to what the body and its physical senses can experience.  Soul Travel means being conscious of oneself as Soul and experiencing other realities than just this physical one.  It doesn't send anyone to hell, because as soul, we choose what we pay attention to and where we travel.  Who would choose to experience hell (unless you have a desire to see what a particular unpleasant state of consciousness is like!)?  Many people soul travel when they pray intensely. Soul Travel is a natural human ability.  Most of us do it frequently, but half-consciously.  One of the goals of Eckankar is to learn to do it more consciously.

The best way to find out about soul travel is to practice it yourself.  There are many spiritual exercises that can help.  That way you have a personal experience rather than someone else's word for it.  But in my experience, Soul definitely is aware of other things than the physical body.  Some people have a vivid experience of leaving the body.  For me, it's being aware of other worlds and places, full of the experiences and lessons I need right now.  Most people Soul Travel when they daydream or dream at night.  If you've ever had the experience of being half-asleep and suddenly waking with a jerk, that's often the sensation of the soul returning abruptly to body awareness.

Best wishes in your journey.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2008 - 9:25AM #4
Spiritualtruthseeker
To a person who has conscious control of Soul Travel, hell is a place on the Astral Plane where some Souls work off their karma or debt. The idea that God would create a place to torture that which it created (us) is an old idea. Evil too is simply the negative power which trains Soul throughout its lifetimes. God is omnipotent. Soul Travel allows you to know who you really are, to see gods plan in your life, and to gain freedom, spiritual freedom.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2008 - 9:33AM #5
Spiritualtruthseeker
An experience in Soul Travel can give you the perception that you are separate from the body but it's really just shifting your consciousness to the part of you that is greater than the body. Have you ever driven somewhere and you daydreamed - putting your attention somewhere else - and you forgot the drive? This is one form of Soul Travel, moving inwardly while the body sits still. You are Soul that has a body, not a body with a Soul. As to it being "in the mind" - the mind creates the illusion that you are "the mind" or you are the 'body". When you can see the mind and the body thorugh Soul Travel you  know who you really are. Most people fear death because they do not know themselves as Soul. Soul Travel proves the reality of life after death, and removes the fear.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2008 - 4:56PM #6
NoThing
soul does not actually travel, it's awareness increases...i have had experiences that were more like Paul Twitchell's early description of out of the body travel that at the time he called bilocation, i was aware on a high spiritual plane and also in my physical body, simultaneously...at other times it does seem like a seperation from the physical body...awareness is a strange thing, it can be as small and limited as the head of a pin, but it can also expand to include the entire universe and all of the various planes of God...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2008 - 4:56PM #7
NoThing
soul does not actually travel, it's awareness increases...i have had experiences that were more like Paul Twitchell's early description of out of the body travel that at the time he called bilocation, i was aware on a high spiritual plane and also in my physical body, simultaneously...at other times it does seem like a seperation from the physical body...awareness is a strange thing, it can be as small and limited as the head of a pin, but it can also expand to include the entire universe and all of the various planes of God...
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook