Switch to Forum Live View Spells Do They Really Work???
6 years ago  ::  May 31, 2008 - 2:53PM #1
Lillygirl333
Hi, and peace to all of U, I am a spirtual person with great respect to everyone and their beliefs, I do believe in a higher power and seek enlightment daily within myself. I have friends from all types of religions and have seen a few become interested in Wicca which is fine by me, but I wanted to ask if spells really do work and is their a rule of thumb you must always abide by in order to tap into these kinds of practices. I remember me and my friends staying up to watch the now cancelled show "Charmed" and they made it look so easy and exciting but that was for entertainment purposes what about the real world does stuff like this really go on? I want to be enlightened about this subject matter and get that tv image out of my head!!! so to speak, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 31, 2008 - 4:25PM #2
CreakyHedgewitch
[QUOTE=lillygirl333;535454]Hi, and peace to all of U, I am a spirtual person with great respect to everyone and their beliefs, I do believe in a higher power and seek enlightment daily within myself. I have friends from all types of religions and have seen a few become interested in Wicca which is fine by me, but I wanted to ask if spells really do work and is their a rule of thumb you must always abide by in order to tap into these kinds of practices. I remember me and my friends staying up to watch the now cancelled show "Charmed" and they made it look so easy and exciting but that was for entertainment purposes what about the real world does stuff like this really go on? I want to be enlightened about this subject matter and get that tv image out of my head!!! so to speak, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

I wanted to ask if spells really do work…

Yes.

…is their a rule of thumb you must always abide by in order to tap into these kinds of practices.

Do your homework first. Thoroughly. Believe. Know yourself. Practice...practice...practice.

I remember me and my friends staying up to watch the now cancelled show "Charmed" and they made it look so easy and exciting but that was for entertainment purposes.

Yes, Charmed was written to entertain using popularised cultural cliques, stereotypes and special effects. It isn’t about the Religion of Wicca or any practical system of witchcraft, Neo-/Pagan or indigenous.

…what about the real world does stuff like this really go on?

Stuff like this as in what was shown on “Charmed”? There will be a grain or two of reality amid the Hollywood stereotypical hype portrayed on that show. Unless you can become more specific about ‘stuff like this’, I can only make a generic response. The real world – as always whenever compared to entertaining stories - is infinitely more complicated. There have been numerous systems of magic and spellcraft recorded down through human history and there continues to be numerous systems today. These systems don’t all deal with the same ‘stuff’ and have different purposes. Spellcraft is not copyrighted to witchcraft or magic. The Religion of Wicca as it was conceived and as is practised isn’t about spellcraft.

I want to be enlightened about this subject matter and get that tv image out of my head!!!

Even cursory study on this subject with any kind of reputable and unbiased sources might certainly help get that tv image out of your head.

Enlightenment however on such a broad diverse subject matter would require significant commitment on your part through study, research and the willingness to accumulate first-hand experiences.

C.H.

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 31, 2008 - 5:05PM #3
Lillygirl333
Well said, I was just listening to my friends and saw what some of them were practicing and did not quite understand it, thanks for helping me on my way of a better understanding. Sending warm thoughts your way.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 31, 2008 - 11:07PM #4
nancyflorencecarlson
me a spell is just a prayer where you use objects as symbols it would depend on what you we're praying to how you were praying and for what
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2008 - 10:27AM #5
Gandalf_Parker
Spells do work, and there is scientific support for that statement (for those who require scientific answers for themselves or others).

Of course then we need to get into the definition of spells. Something personal just to improve your outlook upon the world? Or something like a love spell? Or maybe a spell for entreating the spirits of nature to lead you? Or are we talking about actually creating something from nothing?

I can easily provide a techno-mage scientifically debatable answer for any of those. Which of course is totally different than a traditional or a reconstructionist offering on the subject. We dont tend to claim that any path is right or wrong here. I would never claim that a scientific answer is correct and invalidates a completely spiritual one. I only consider it to be armament in the cause. I feel that it frees deeply spiritual pagans from the onslaughts of those who tend to preach science as though it were the one and only religion if I can battle them in their version of reality.

Gandalf  Parker
--
Science does not prove things. For if it appears that its about to prove something which was outside of science, it will first rename it and claim it. THEN prove it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2008 - 10:22PM #6
darkthroneofeth
The first thing to know is that you are tapping into energies that help you focus the intent of a spell;  there is no one right way or blueprint for every spell possible, and the effects are as various as people are.  There are people who work magick to improve their lives;  for revenge;  to avenge; for love; for strength or confidence, etc.  One needs to be careful with a ceremony that has a constant effect from a trigger--especially if spirits are a part of the ritual:  if you have heard of karma, you know that it is the universe's way of maintaining a transient balance---a death spell may kill your "enemy"  but you will not simply gloat over it.  At least not forever.  Like attracting like is a well known occult principle, and karma comes to deliver according to one's deeds and intents behind them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2008 - 6:08PM #7
CreakyHedgewitch
[QUOTE=darkthroneofeth;562082]The first thing to know is that you are tapping into energies that help you focus the intent of a spell;  there is no one right way or blueprint for every spell possible, and the effects are as various as people are.  There are people who work magick to improve their lives;  for revenge;  to avenge; for love; for strength or confidence, etc.  One needs to be careful with a ceremony that has a constant effect from a trigger--especially if spirits are a part of the ritual:  if you have heard of karma, you know that it is the universe's way of maintaining a transient balance---a death spell may kill your "enemy"  but you will not simply gloat over it.  At least not forever.  Like attracting like is a well known occult principle, and karma comes to deliver according to one's deeds and intents behind them.[/QUOTE]

So you define karma in a Western way, no longer relevant to the original Eastern framework o karma (caste and nirvana)?

C.H.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 12:55AM #8
Karma_yeshe_dorje

It helps if you know what you're doing. Otherwise, unintended consequences can manifest!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 months ago  ::  Dec 25, 2013 - 5:06PM #9
Freestyle

May 31, 2008 -- 2:53PM, Lillygirl333 wrote:

Hi, and peace to all of U, I am a spirtual person with great respect to everyone and their beliefs, I do believe in a higher power and seek enlightment daily within myself. I have friends from all types of religions and have seen a few become interested in Wicca which is fine by me, but I wanted to ask if spells really do work and is their a rule of thumb you must always abide by in order to tap into these kinds of practices. I remember me and my friends staying up to watch the now cancelled show "Charmed" and they made it look so easy and exciting but that was for entertainment purposes what about the real world does stuff like this really go on? I want to be enlightened about this subject matter and get that tv image out of my head!!! so to speak, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!!!

In real life, spells only work in a spiritual paradox.  For example, if I cast a spell to heal someone and the person is a Catholic, then it would work because Catholocism is universal.  If I cast the same spell and the person is a Jehovah Witness, then it will not work because Jehovah Witnesses have their own beliefs regarding Christianity.  It depends.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook