Switch to Forum Live View Wanted: Tibetan Buddhist Teacher
6 years ago  ::  May 26, 2008 - 2:46AM #1
Lotusflowermel
Hello,

I am looking for a Tibetan Buddhist mentor or guide and have been for the last five years.  I have been finding a lot of articles and websites to help me understand better for several years and I just want to take my education of Tibetan Buddhism a step further by finding some one willing to spend just a little time answering my questions and telling me what books I should read. 
I live in southern Indiana but am currently considering moving to Indianapolis or Bloomington where the Buddhism culture is better developed.
If you are ready and willing please respond to this post.  Thank you.

Melissa
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 28, 2008 - 8:02AM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Look up Jungian psychology, which is conceptually related.
I am qualified and experienced in geology.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2009 - 10:13PM #3
fisi
Hi Melissa,

You might want to check out the Buddhist center directory on buddhanet.net
There you can see centers specifically in your state and also in the Tibetan Buddhist traditions.

Hope this helps.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2009 - 8:58AM #4
Bhakta_glenn
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2009 - 2:23AM #5
Changluoyun

Hi! I moved to the Indy a little over a year ago and I recommend you check out the Indiana Buddhist Center. I think it might be what you are looking for.

www.indianabuddhist.org/

The resident teacher, or "Geshe-la" as everyone calls him, returned not long ago from India. The website has a lot of info on it and if you send them an e-mail they can keep you updated on all the teaching and other activities going on. I hope this helps!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2009 - 8:06AM #6
Karma_yeshe_dorje

This evening I attended a Dharma talk by Khandro Thrinlay Chodon. Innocent Her topic was The Web of Life.

Khandro Thrinlay Chodon

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook