Page 1 of 15  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next
Switch to Forum Live View This is the 'only good things can be posted here' thread
7 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 1:01PM #1
goodtobehome
Okay.. today is National Reading Day.  Tuesday my granddaughter came up to me and said, "I need to take a sleeping bag and a Bible story book to school on Thursday."  Why?  I asked?  She replied, "It is National Reading Day and I am supposed to take a sleeping bag and my favorite book!"  :D

Last week we had bad storms, so they had the kids go into the hall, basically a tornado drill.  (There were tornadoes in Canton....)  A little girl next to my granddaughter was very afraid, so what did she do to comfort her?  She taught her to sing the chorus to Song no. 8!  (The word 'protection' I think is what she was focused on!)  and taught her to pray! 

Monday in service, I met an older couple and their caregiver.  They invited me right in, and we read scriptures related to God's power and how we can have it for ourselves, discussed the Creation magazine, and then also the Bible Teach book.  Twice they said how much they appreciated me coming by, and that was just wonderful. 

Okay, so let's hear all of ya'll's good things!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 6:00PM #2
Abdon
:)Tuesday was the first day that the book study was held in my home.:)

I know it will only be until January, however I am grateful for the privilege.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 10:29PM #3
Godsnoriel
Today we reviewed from chapter 12 in the bible teach book which I enjoyed because my bible syudy teacher brought out the fact that God is not looking for the bad in us. I also like the part about being God friend. Then we had  thursday meeting. I enjoyed the talk about our trials and test never being bigger than the grace of God.

Also my favorite store is having a sale  lol ,so happy about that one.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 10:29PM #4
Godsnoriel
Today we reviewed from chapter 12 in the bible teach book which I enjoyed because my bible syudy teacher brought out the fact that God is not looking for the bad in us. I also like the part about being God friend. Then we had  thursday meeting. I enjoyed the talk about our trials and test never being bigger than the grace of God.

Also my favorite store is having a sale  lol ,so happy about that one.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 16, 2008 - 6:49PM #5
goodtobehome
Well, Godsnoriel, if you liked that you will like my favorite sentence from the Worship God book chapter 2. 

God knows exactly what sort of persons each of us is trying to be!

I really like that word 'trying.'  He knows if we are really trying.. isn't that wonderful? 

Abdon, way cool.  Listen, this is going to sound farfetched but I am not kidding at all.  In my book study group alone, we have 5.. count them, 5... Bible students attending the meetings now on a regular basis.  I was counting them last night at the study.  Two are a couple, and if you count their son, which I didn't that would be six.  Then there is a mother and a daughter in law both studying, and there are more kids involved there, and my student. 

And all over our congregation, we have students attending and DF persons returning.  Is it like this everywhere?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 16, 2008 - 10:15PM #6
Abdon
We have had 7 re instated in the past year, 4 baptized and more progressing. I think we have 2 that will be baptized this July @ the DC. I cannot believe how many are responding positively. I was also informed of another privilege. I am accepted in the prison program. I will be on a rotation with 3 other brothers who conduct the book study weekly. I have been warned to be ready because the inmates have plenty of time to do research. I am looking forward to the opportunity to glorify Jehovah and his kingdom in another avenue. Jehovah has been more than good to me. I still cannot believe he let me be a part of his organization.
Your Brother,
Larry
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 17, 2008 - 10:15AM #7
goodtobehome
Oh, my brother how fascinating.  We have friends in this area who do that, it is a big time commitment but a very worthwhile endeavor!

What fun it would be to have persons actually waiting for you and looking forward to you studying with them...a truly fine opportunity I know you will take care of with joy and humility.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 17, 2008 - 10:16AM #8
goodtobehome
Godsnoriel... I like sales too!  Don't know how I would manage without them! lol!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 17, 2008 - 12:34PM #9
Abdon

goodtobehome wrote:

Oh, my brother how fascinating. We have friends in this area who do that, it is a big time commitment but a very worthwhile endeavor!

What fun it would be to have persons actually waiting for you and looking forward to you studying with them...a truly fine opportunity I know you will take care of with joy and humility.

At least I do not have to worry about them not being there, :)
I am looking forward to it. Thank you for your encouragement!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 18, 2008 - 10:35AM #10
Angoradrengen
good thing? I have just talked with one of my friends via MSN and he gave me a bunch of scriptures which told me, how one can know who got the truth and who follow christ. It pretty much convinced me that no one else than Jehovah Witnesses can be in possesion of the thruth. No matter how many accusations aspostates come with, or how many "faults" the say that the Organisations have comitted, there can be now doubt that Jehovah Witnesses has the truth.

That was a good thing :D

And then i got this scripture which gave me peace..

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se … ersion=31;
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 15  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook