Switch to Forum Live View fun with the neighbors
6 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2008 - 3:54PM #1
Gandalf_Parker
From a thread in another forum here referring to my rose bushes..
http://www.oddthotz.com/~gandalf/house/100_0384.jpg
http://www.oddthotz.com/~gandalf/house/100_0385.jpg

mindis1 wrote:

BTW; your roses are great! In fact, they look like those science fiction plants that are about to suddenly shot out tentacles and eat someone. Be careful around them!

Heehee. The big red one is named Cleopatra after the moving vine thing on the Addams Family. It likes to grow out over the sidewalk and completely block the view to the front door. I have a plan someday to allow that then buy some stuff from SmartHome.com to automate it. I want to put a motion detector near the beginning of the walkway which triggers a motor to tighten a green fishline around the stalks to that side and the pole in the center. That way when someone starts up the walk, the plant will lift up its fronds freeing up the sidewalk to the house.
Very gothic-magic. :)
And way cool to see peoples reaction when I walk up to the house and wave my arm at just the right time to have the plant lift like a drawbridge. (aww rats, no evil smiling devil smiley here?) >:-)

Anyone else ever had an evil thought to have fun with the neighbors?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2008 - 3:59PM #2
boodlebear
Dude, I like your style! Just enough Evile to be funny. Hahahah. Makes me think of "Feeedd Meee!"
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2008 - 6:45PM #3
weirdfaery
I had no idea they sold things like that! (rubs hands and starts to plot the evil things she's going to do that to the neighbor kids who keep stealing her roses)

we really need a little devil icon. I wonder were All gets his.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2008 - 7:24PM #4
Gandalf_Parker

weirdfaery wrote:

I had no idea they sold things like that! (rubs hands and starts to plot the evil things she's going to do that to the neighbor kids who keep stealing her roses)

we really need a little devil icon. I wonder were All gets his.

Usually when I mention that site I add a warning about going there. It has such neat toys. I have dreams of going totally technomage on my house. Why should tech things have tech interfaces when magic and goth is becoming so popular?

How about saying "illuminate" to access light controls and have it see me raise or lower my hand to control the lighting levels. The same type of thing for temperature control. Same for operating blinds in the windows. The technology exists.

I want a two-way mirror with a plasma screen behind it (if the light comes from behind a two-way mirror then it becomes glass). That way I can do a "mirror mirror on the wall" to access a computer screen.

I want to put security cameras inside gargoyles. Give gargoyles back their original job.

I have lots of other ideas along the same line. I even grabbed a domain of techno-mage.com to document them (someday) and fund them (when I win the lottery).

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 12:27AM #5
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I'm breakfasting on steamed veggies.

I had to amend the URLs a bit to get to the photos.

Wow, I'm jealous of that climbing rose!

As for the dislike of soliciting, does the original poster hate lawyers and sex workers? Undecided

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook