Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View John Coleman information
7 years ago  ::  May 02, 2008 - 11:43PM #1
ProfessorGoatPellets
Howdy folks,

I was just wondering if anyone out there knew anything about John Coleman and what he actually taught.

I've just finished reading his book 'The Quiet Mind'.

For those who don't know - John Coleman was a former CIA agent who Sayagyi U Ba Khin appointed as one of his teachers.  There's very little on the internet about him - almost nothing in fact.

Thanks,

Goat
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 07, 2008 - 11:28PM #2
ProfessorGoatPellets
Grrrrr ...

Not the most active of threads is it ...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 08, 2008 - 11:24AM #3
RenGalskap
[QUOTE=ProfessorGoatPellets;485590]Grrrrr ...

Not the most active of threads is it ...[/QUOTE]

:)

He doesn't seem to be well known, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information about him available. I've posted questions on other boards occasionally and gotten no answer. Sometimes we ask questions that no one knows the answer to, like "Why is there evil" and "Who is John Coleman". ;)

I assume that you did the same google search that I did, so I don't have anything I can tell you. If you read The Quiet Mind, you know far more about him than I do.

Best of luck in your search.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 08, 2008 - 11:13PM #4
ProfessorGoatPellets
[QUOTE=RenGalskap;486365]:)

He doesn't seem to be well known, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information about him available. I've posted questions on other boards occasionally and gotten no answer. Sometimes we ask questions that no one knows the answer to, like "Why is there evil" and "Who is John Coleman". ;)

I assume that you did the same google search that I did, so I don't have anything I can tell you. If you read The Quiet Mind, you know far more about him than I do.

Best of luck in your search.[/QUOTE]

Thanks,

The reason I was asking was that someone told me that some of his teaching methods were very unusual to say the least ...  There was no indication of this in his book.

I'm not going to repeat what I was told as I cannot verify it to be true but I was curious as to whether anyone else knew the same ...

Thanks again!

Goat
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 08, 2008 - 11:13PM #5
ProfessorGoatPellets
[QUOTE=RenGalskap;486365]:)

Best of luck in your search.[/QUOTE]

Thanks,

The reason I was asking was that someone told me that some of his teaching methods were very unusual to say the least ...  There was no indication of this in his book.

I'm not going to repeat what I was told as I cannot verify it to be true but I was curious as to whether anyone else knew the same ...

Thanks again!

Goat
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 12:13AM #6
ronnewmexico
Or perhaps known as Doctor John Coleman perhaps also  known as a former British M-16 agent. Speaking from that bastion of spiritual advancement, it seems, Reno Nevada I think.. Perhaps Or maybe easily confused with the author of Confessions of a Economic Hit man. Who was not a company man but had extensive experience in shamanistic teachings meditation and philosophy, lives in Colorado.

Anyway has a web site......available through a yahoo quary.  Dr. John would undoubtabl;y have some unusual meditational techniques.

Don 't know him at all.

Quary Yahoo...is this one and the same? Seems unusually similiar.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 1:38AM #7
ronnewmexico
to the John Coleman who relocated to England after writting his bookj, page 52 I thinkhttp://pariyatti.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 1:52AM #8
ronnewmexico
Or perhaps try this link......http://pariyatti.com/downloads/treasures/Maha_Bodhi_Journal_1972-04.pdfi_Journal_1972-04.pdf
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 2:56AM #9
ronnewmexico
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 2:57AM #10
ronnewmexico
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest