5 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2008 - 10:44AM #1
Gongessos
Hi,

Does anybody have any information about Fillmore Seminary? How about Rev. Dr. Kathleen Bishop,
their president? Are they as valid as some of the other New Thought seminaries?

Thanks
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2008 - 4:48PM #2
TigersEyeDowsing
Hi Gongessos!

I have seen the Fillmore Seminary online but unfortunately can't help with any knowledge about it.  Am looking forward to see what others ahve to say.  If nothing else, contacting Unity headquarters and especially the Association of Unity Churches is a good idea. :)
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2008 - 12:24PM #3
The_Eye_Am
I don't have any direction information on the Fillmore Seminary regarding how it got started or its credibility, but I do recall something about a group of Unity people being discontented with the appearance of the Association of Unity Churches, and Unity itself, to be drifting from the core teachings of Charles and Myrtle Fillmore.  The Fillmore Seminary emphasizes (on the website) the term "Practical Christianity," which is what the Fillmores called the Unity movement.  The website looks like it may have some good stuff on it, but any ordination or licensing of the teachers would not be acknowledged or credible in a Unity church which is affiliated with the Association of Unity Churches, as most Unity churches and centers are. 

I do find it interesting to note that the Fillmores had pulled Unity out of the INTA, due to the fact that at that time the INTA would not use the term "Christ" (or maybe Jesus Christ) in its official statement, and now the Fillmore Seminary has a link or reference to the INTA on its website.

Lori
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2008 - 3:28PM #4
TigersEyeDowsing
I didn't know they pulled out of the INTA! :eek:
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2008 - 2:13PM #5
Gongessos
I thank you both for the information. If I have any contact with them, I'll be sure to post.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2011 - 3:00PM #6
onewithgod

Nov 26, 2008 -- 3:28PM, TigersEyeDowsing wrote:

I didn't know they pulled out of the INTA! :eek:

Please keep in mind that the Fillmores were active in the middle of the last century. Their decisions would have been based on what INTA was doing at the time. The Fillmores are long gone and INTA has grown and changed considerable since their time.

Many Unity churches still belong to INTA and have been greatly supportive to that mission. Wouldn't write off Unity, INTA, or the Fillmore Seminary on such think information. Be sure to research deeply before making decisions about these groups.

And, yeah, I know these post are really old, but I couldn't resist posting a reply.

Blessings everyone.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook