7 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2008 - 11:19PM #1
Redfrog777
Hello my pagan friends.

Some of you know that I doing a fast and a purge in the next month.

As part of my process I am going through all of my medicine stuff. And purging what is not of use to me.

So I have three tarot decks that I bought and just did not click with. They have been worked with only a few times and are all but new. I have had them for years and have no real need to hold on to them any longer.

#1 The Aquarian tarot, worked with this 4 or 5 times?
#2 The Da vinci Enigma tarot, 2 or 3 times?
#3 I don’t know the name? Cool images. 1 or 2 times?

I know, normally I would not even consider a used deck. And if I had used them for any time I wouldn’t make the offer. I would just burn them.  But these are all but new and unused.

So if any body wants them, I am only asking for shipping (on a tarot deck? $3-$5) cost.

Send me a private message.

I’ll be holding on to them for another week or so before I burn them.

Frog
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2008 - 10:01AM #2
CreakyHedgewitch
Why are you so intent on burning these?

Why don't you simply cleanse their energy which wouldn't be difficult given how little you used them and pass them along? Used decks can sometimes be easier to use, provided they have been or one knows how to properly cleanse them. I have accumulated a rather large collection of Tarot decks down through the decades notably because clients have their own preferences. These days though I tend primarly to use my own handpainted deck. for personal use. Still I remain quite happy to pick up a used deck on sale although I prefer to do so in person so I can hold the deck before deciding. It does tend to be better if they are properly cleansed before passing on as one doesn't know the level of expertise of a subsequent user who might not know how to do this. Still with so little usage on your part, the energy imprint wouldn't be significant enough to affect anyone else, I suspect.

I'm not sure if you have any in your area but have you considered dropping them off at a second hand bookstore,..even a metaphysical store that could use these for window or table displays or even contribute to a yard sale? You could even offer them for sale on Amazon.com for example which does a brisk business in second hand books etc.

Perhaps you could also consider putting these decks into a 'holding' box as potential gifts in the future. I have kept such a box down through the years and it has been amazing how handy that box of potential gifts can be whenever birthdays and other occasions crop up.

Just please consider...finding them a home rather than burning them....

C.H.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2008 - 10:26AM #3
Redfrog777
A used bookstore is a great idea C.H. !

I had not thought of Amazon or eBay. I don’t have many people that I would give decks to, so the gift idea ain’t going to work (but I like it).

Clearing them is not an issue.

As for burning them. I consider, Tarot decks to be medicine objects. Of which presently I have too many. As I am doing a purge it is time for me to let go of extra weight. Being that the decks are medicine, if I can’t find a suitable home for them in a relatively short amount of time. I will burn them to be clear of them all together. I simply won’t toss them in to the trash.

I have several other medicine objects that will ether get buried or burned. Just clearing the vibe is all. Not that the thing is bad or any thing. Just too much unnecessary weight to carry any longer is all.

Thanks for the ideas.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2008 - 3:04PM #4
dlkmc222
I'd like a free deck! please?

I'm just getting into Tarot myself and could use an inexpensive entry to it...

I'll paypal you shipping! please can I have one?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2008 - 3:04PM #5
dlkmc222
I'd like a free deck! please?

I'm just getting into Tarot myself and could use an inexpensive entry to it...

I'll paypal you shipping! please can I have one?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2008 - 12:22AM #6
Ursyl
At least consider putting them into the paper recycling rather than wasting the paper and polluting the air?

They'd be just as offloaded from your life that way.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook