Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which will become a read-only site October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Point of life: Eternity and Earth
7 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2008 - 1:33PM #1
beforHim
Eternity examples:
Islam, Judaism, and Christianity- to live in the glory of God for eternity.
Hinduism and Buddhism- Leave reincarnation cycle and become part of the "divine onness" .
Athiesm- There is none as we simply cease to exist.

On Earth examples:
Islam- Submission to Allah through peace
Judaism and Christianity- Love Him and others
Hinduism- Get more good Karma, shed more bad Karma
Buddhism- Cesation from desires via the eightfold path
Athiesm- Most athiests will say "create your own".

I agree that those are VERY simplified, but they need not be elaborate for purposes of this question.
So what is Satanism's's point to life, here and in eternity?

This has really been on my mind lately, the question "what do religions have to offer". We must choose only what's true no matter what we get from it, but this is still something I'd like to know. Thx!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2008 - 10:03PM #2
SatanicStalker
Hello!

Following with the oversimplified examples...

Eternity: That which is infinite has no value. To live forever is to never truly live. This life matters.

On Earth: Be loyal to your true self, advance yourself to your own potential and make an impact on the world. Create your own.

For some people, Satanism and atheism go hand in hand. There is some overlap.

~Stalker
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2008 - 10:16PM #3
Neutralist
[QUOTE=SatanicStalker;421712]Hello!

Eternity: That which is infinite has no value. To live forever is to never truly live. This life matters.

[/QUOTE]

I would agree to say that the fact that our lives are so short, it would make us believe that it makes everything look brighter, but then what about all the people with cases of depression?  They value life so insignificantly, that you wonder if it's because they die that they have little value in life, because to them (or at least to me when I had been depressed) what point is there to building yourself to be your best if in the end you die off?  I found my answer, I say my answer, because everyone's answer to that question is different.  Anyways, my answer is that I am here to procreate, and build my children up to have the responsibility, care, and respect to raise their children even better, and so on, making our future generations more intelligent than the previous ones.  This idea has given me motivation to live my life to its fullest, and make myself as secure in every aspect needed to do this successfully, and obviously to find myself someone I can share this experience with, for the obvious reason as that I need someone else to have this child/children, and because with a second person, it will most likely be easier.  Wow, this is the second post today that I got off point, my apologies, I think that if my life extended on for eternity, that I would choose to live it perfecting everything, while maybe walking down the path of everyone else, I learn everything there was to learn, and develop my mind forever, and evolve with all the generations to follow, my life would be very fulfilling, and I would use my influence to help further society, their science, and their ideals of philosophy.  I suppose the downfall would be that I would be the only one in this hypothetical case, so I would probably end up figuring out how I happened to live forever, and figure out how to recreate the case in everyone else.  I would just hope that any group would have the consideration to allow me to live my own life...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2008 - 10:03PM #4
SatanicStalker
Hello!

Following with the oversimplified examples...

On Earth: Be loyal to your true self, advance yourself to your own potential and make an impact on the world. Create your own.

For some people, Satanism and atheism go hand in hand. There is some overlap.

~Stalker
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2008 - 10:16PM #5
Neutralist
[QUOTE=SatanicStalker;421712]Hello!

[/QUOTE]

I would agree to say that the fact that our lives are so short, it would make us believe that it makes everything look brighter, but then what about all the people with cases of depression?  They value life so insignificantly, that you wonder if it's because they die that they have little value in life, because to them (or at least to me when I had been depressed) what point is there to building yourself to be your best if in the end you die off?  I found my answer, I say my answer, because everyone's answer to that question is different.  Anyways, my answer is that I am here to procreate, and build my children up to have the responsibility, care, and respect to raise their children even better, and so on, making our future generations more intelligent than the previous ones.  This idea has given me motivation to live my life to its fullest, and make myself as secure in every aspect needed to do this successfully, and obviously to find myself someone I can share this experience with, for the obvious reason as that I need someone else to have this child/children, and because with a second person, it will most likely be easier.  Wow, this is the second post today that I got off point, my apologies, I think that if my life extended on for eternity, that I would choose to live it perfecting everything, while maybe walking down the path of everyone else, I learn everything there was to learn, and develop my mind forever, and evolve with all the generations to follow, my life would be very fulfilling, and I would use my influence to help further society, their science, and their ideals of philosophy.  I suppose the downfall would be that I would be the only one in this hypothetical case, so I would probably end up figuring out how I happened to live forever, and figure out how to recreate the case in everyone else.  I would just hope that any group would have the consideration to allow me to live my own life...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2008 - 9:02AM #6
beforHim
Thx for the insights.  Never heard the thing about infinity.

More explinations are welcome!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2008 - 9:12AM #7
Neutralist
[QUOTE=beforHim;422300]Thx for the insights.  Never heard the thing about infinity.

More explinations are welcome![/QUOTE]

Glad I could enlighten you, if you have any questions, you should start your own thread, I'm sure there will be a lot of people happy to give you a response (hopefully I didn't make too much of an assumption...), you could also send me a message of any questions you may have about my views, I'll try and give you a satisfactory explanation.

Josh
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2008 - 4:40PM #8
Diarmuid
I am not a Satanist, but I really like SatanicStalker's explanation.
As for me, the reason I relate to it so well is because I have such hedonistic views, though I am still a big reincarnationist.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 3:28PM #9
Maugrim
I endeavor to create and do things that will last and endure, even after I am gone. This includes forging relationships where I'll be able to make an impact on someone's life.

I also endeavor to extend my life and live a healthy life, so that I can put off dying as long as possible :).
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook