Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View I have two questions.
6 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2009 - 12:27PM #11
Articulas
To be honest Anon is a bunch of college kids that are carried away with freedom of speech and drunk on self righteousness. I mainly feel they have good intentions, but they are in this for the thrill ride. They don't believe in religious freedom, they don't support the constitutional ideal that you don't have to agree, but you must support ones right to their own opinion.

Funny enough in NY they can not perform public demonstrations under anonymity. To defeat the KKK a law was passed to make visible the identity of any public messenger. The other problem is that by sinking to the tactics of their enemy they themselves show they are able to be evil and malicious.  It is a hard war to wage.

As I suspect Anon will attack anything that gives rise to their ego and sense of power. Why should Freezone be attacked by them? They don't harm people, they don't demand huge ransoms of money, they don't send out spies, nor do they publicly attack anyone, including COS. No matter your organizational affiliation, or even independent practice.... SCIENTOLOGY IS HERE TO STAY!

For me the therapies in Dianetics work. They make me feel wonderful and help alleviate self doubt and rid me of obsessing on life's injustices.

My question... If given the power, would Anonymous destroy the constitutional right of religious freedom?

This is a good debate. Extremism always creates healthy debate.

To quote myself "Every choice makes a sacrifice"!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2009 - 1:35PM #12
Mark.tomles

I remember you, BoF... can't remember from where. ARS?

Anywho, seems to me that FZ is just the tech- just Scientology. Although I don't necessarily "agree" with all of the tenants and beliefs, I do certainly support the Scientologist's right to believe what they want.

And, I think that there can be some benefit from some of the tech, whether one believes that it's modified psychology or devinely inspired, there can be benefit.

The only problem that I, personally, and the more aware of the Anons, seem to have is when the religious belief is perverted by those in charge for personal/professional/other gain at the expense of the practitioner. Same problem I have with any religion that does that.

I truly believe that religion is one that thing that should always be available for free.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2009 - 2:18PM #13
Mark.tomles

It is great that the practices work for you!

I think that there may be some confusion. While "Anon" is a homogeneous group, the general concensus and belief is that the protest agains Scientology is -NOT- a religious issue, and there is no desire to interfere with their religious beliefs. It is a human rights issue, and that is the only legitimate complaint. This e-book covers that pretty well.

www.lulu.com/items/volume_65/7353000/735...

As a note, the NY law (and pending in another city that I can't recall at the moment) did not involve Anon or Scn in any way, but is a general blanket matter.

That being said, I (who am non "Anon") and those that are seem to believe that Freezone is "off limits" and merely exercising their religious beliefs. The conflict is with the CoS, not Scientology.

Jan 2, 2009 -- 12:27PM, Articulas wrote:

To be honest Anon is a bunch of college kids that are carried away with freedom of speech and drunk on self righteousness. I mainly feel they have good intentions, but they are in this for the thrill ride. They don't believe in religious freedom, they don't support the constitutional ideal that you don't have to agree, but you must support ones right to their own opinion.   Funny enough in NY they can not perform public demonstrations under anonymity. To defeat the KKK a law was passed to make visible the identity of any public messenger. The other problem is that by sinking to the tactics of their enemy they themselves show they are able to be evil and malicious.  It is a hard war to wage.   As I suspect Anon will attack anything that gives rise to their ego and sense of power. Why should Freezone be attacked by them? They don't harm people, they don't demand huge ransoms of money, they don't send out spies, nor do they publicly attack anyone, including COS. No matter your organizational affiliation, or even independent practice.... SCIENTOLOGY IS HERE TO STAY!   For me the therapies in Dianetics work. They make me feel wonderful and help alleviate self doubt and rid me of obsessing on life's injustices.   My question... If given the power, would Anonymous destroy the constitutional right of religious freedom?  This is a good debate. Extremism always creates healthy debate.  To quote myself "Every choice makes a sacrifice"!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook