6 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2008 - 11:37PM #1
withwonderingawe
I’m sorry I hope you don’t mind a Mormon posting here but I didn’t know where to put this, just thought you might find it interesting.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-morlims2apr02,1,2488142.story?track=rss

U.S. Muslims and Mormons share deepening ties

“…..We are very aware of the history of Mormons as a group that was chastised in America," says Maher Hathout, a senior advisor to the Muslim Public Affairs Council in Los Angeles. "They can be a good model for any group that feels alienated."

Which perhaps explains an open-mosque day held last fall at the Islamic Center of Irvine. More than half the guests were Mormons.

"A Mormon living in an Islamic society would be very comfortable," said Steve Young, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints attending the event….”
Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2008 - 11:23AM #2
newmuslimlady
I'd post this article on the regular Islamic forum as the NOI is not actually real Islam.   Sorry,  I don't mean to sound disrespectful towards the people who's beliefs are in this forum as this is not my intent.   But true Islam does not have the same beliefs. 

Peace!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2008 - 3:54AM #3
Penlady
There is also a whole website dedicated to this subject, written by an LDS woman who also got her master's or doctorate in Islamic Studies because she married a Muslim and lived in a Muslim country for a while. For many more similarities between Mormons and Muslims, go to www.mormonmuslim.com .
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2008 - 9:27AM #4
noblejohnali
[QUOTE=newmuslimlady;404873]I'd post this article on the regular Islamic forum as the NOI is not actually real Islam.   Sorry,  I don't mean to sound disrespectful towards the people who's beliefs are in this forum as this is not my intent.   But true Islam does not have the same beliefs. 

Peace![/QUOTE]

I thank you for acknowledging the nature of your statement. All knowledge is worth learning no
matter who it comes from. Let's Be Reasonable.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook