Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Who is Qualified to Rule Mankind?
10 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 4:19PM #1
GreaserGuy55
I'm not sure why I am so excited about tommorow's new talk. It's a great time to have such a timely discourse especially with so much new political ground being broken this year with the upcoming Presidential elections in the United States. I am inviting my sister to go, who knows, maybe she will. Well, I look forward to hearing everyone's comments after they hear it. Agape.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 6:26PM #2
GreaserGuy55
Remember even if you haven't been to the hall in a long time, this may be a great way to restart you're spiritual life back into the truth. Because when all is said and done I can't imagine the pain and regret many of us inactive ones (I'm still in that catagory) are going to feel when Jehovah has His Son set his rulership in motion. Let's get busy progressing toward, or in the truth now! Wherever you are in life, right now! Disfellowshipped, recently reinstated, inactive, whatever the case I urge any and all to attend tommorows discourse and be determined as I am to make a new start in the truth. I want to include my freinds on beliefnet who have no ties to Jehovah's Witnesses, and also give you a personal invitation to go to the special sermon at the kingdom hall tommorow. Most halls hold their meeting at either 9:30 am, or around 12:30-1:00 depending on how many congregations are using a facility.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 7:30PM #3
VanillaMocha
WHO IS QUALIFIED TO RULE MANKIND

Note to the speaker:
While making it evident that Jehovah's Witnesses are strictly neutral as to the world's politics, explain in
prac-tical terms why God's Kingdom is far superior to any human government. Contrast the abilities of
Jesus Christ with the limitations of human rulers

WEIGHING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF HUMAN GOVERNMENTS (3 min.)
Aspiring leaders strive to prove their qualifications to rule—some by campaigning, others by force How
effective are human governments in addressing the needs of their subjects? Monarchies reflect the
imperfections of a single ruler (g90 8/22 19-20)
Aristocracies—government by the nobility, by a privileged minority, or by an elite class—have rulers
based on wealth or blood descent (g90 9/8 26-7)
Democracies reflect the limitations of the populace (Ec 7:20; Jer 10:23; g90 9/22 13-14) Every form of
authority devised by humans has failed miserably [Read Ecclesiastes 8:9]

WHAT RULE BY CHRIST JESUS WILL ACCOMPLISH (16 min.)
Jesus has proved what he can accomplish as Ruler
In contrast with failures of human rule, the miracles Jesus performed demonstrated his ability to satisfy
man-kind's needs, foreshadowing blessings under his rule
The Economy
Under human rule, multitudes of children die of hunger each day
Jesus Christ will provide abundant food for all [Read Matthew 14:19-21]
Kingdom rule will furnish every family with excellent housing
There will be no unemployment; all will have rewarding work (Isa 65:21-23)
Disaster Preparedness
Human governments are often ill-equipped to respond, both before and after major storms Jesus
could control the wind and sea by means of God's spirit [Read Mark 4:37-39]
He will control forces of nature for the benefit of humans under his rule
Health Care
Governments face an enormous challenge attempting to provide adequate health care for their
subjects Jesus demonstrated his power over illness [Read Matthew 15:30]
He will heal all maladies and eliminate all diseases—not just chronic ailments but even aches and
pains that detract from the enjoyment of life (Isa 33:24)
He will restore the aged to youthful vigor (Job 33:25)
No human ruler can match Jesus' ability to restore life [Read Mark 5:38-42]
Protection
Jesus exerts power over even superhuman spirit creatures [Read Matthew 8:16]
Demons had to accede to Jesus' orders and release people possessed by them (it-2 167)
Demons are not only more powerful than humans; they actually back human rulerships (Da 10:13;
Lu 4:6; Joh 14:30; Eph 6:12; 1Jo 5:19)
Jesus protects his subjects from demonic control now and will eliminate Satan and all wicked
spirits in the future (Re 20:10)
In vanquishing man's real enemies, Jesus will have been used by Jehovah to end all wars (Ps 46:8,
9)
Ecology
Deterioration of the environment has become a matter of serious concern (g03 11/22 4-8) God will
empower Jesus to "bring to ruin those ruining the earth" (Re 11:18)
A peaceful relationship between humans and animals will become a reality (Isa 11:6-9)
The earth will be transformed into a paradise
The foregoing are only a small sampling of the blessings the Messianic Kingdom will bring

JESUS CHRIST—EMINENTLY QUALIFIED TO RULE MANKIND (5 min.)
God's Kingdom by Christ Jesus will succeed because it has none of the weaknesses inherent in
human rule
All human rulers are limited in knowledge; Jesus Christ possesses "all the treasures of wisdom and
of knowl-edge" (Col 2:3)
Human rulers are hampered by imperfection and often have wrong motives; Jesus is "loyal,
guileless, un-defiled, separated from the sinners" (Heb 7:26)
Human rulers die and leave their kingdoms to successors; Jesus is immortal and needs no
successors (Da 2:44) [Read 1 Timothy 6:15, 16]
Humans are often tempted to use their power for selfish purposes; Jesus never used his God-given
power for personal gain, nor did he ever use his authority to mistreat others (Mt 4:1-4; Ro 15:3)

TAKE YOUR STAND FOR THE MESSIANIC KINGDOM (6 min.)
Many believe that Jesus Christ existed, but few demonstrate faith that he is actually ruling as King
Evidence that he has taken power and begun ruling in heaven is abundant (bh 84-95)
We urge you to grow in your understanding of these facts
What action should we take concerning the One qualified to rule mankind? [Read Psalm 2:12]
We should warmly welcome him (wO4 7/15 19-20)
Even kings are commanded to be subject to him (Ps 2:10)
Learn more about God's government in the hands of Christ Jesus, and help others to do the same
Experience the blessings that God's ruling Kingdom will soon bring

(Adhere closely to the outlined material, and observe the indicated timing of each section. Not all cited
texts need to be read or commented on. TO BE COVERED IN 30 MINUTES)
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2008 - 12:09PM #4
GreaserGuy55
Well I invited my sis to go to the special talk yesterday and she declined. I may try to get a tape for her to listen to because it was so good! Here are my personal notes taken during this spiritually refreshing discourse.
                                       Who is Qualified to Rule Mankind?
Early Christians took a "neutral stand" in regard to earth's political affairs, recognizing the futility of participation. (Eccl.8:9) Mankind has experimented with every kind of political arrangement. NONE have resulted in perfect rulership. Jesus demonstrated his credentials to rule mankind perfectly in his short earthly ministry. Ecconomic stability shall be accomplished during his reign. Weather patterns around the globe shall stabalize during his rule. (Mark 4:37-39) He shall heal and restore mankind in their physical health. (Matt.15:30) He shall ressurect the dead as exemplified in his earthly ministry. (Mark 5:35-42) Christ Jesus is the only one with the authority to deal with the powerful demons ruling the world. (Matt.8:16) God shall restore the water, air, and land that mankind has polluted for so long. (Rev.11:18) Christ shall accomplish all these things, and imperfect, sinful humans have no influence over him and his rulership. (1Tim.6:15,16) In all this Jesus glorifies Jehovah! Following the earthly direction that Jehovah has given we can choose to follow Jesus Christ as our leader now. (Ps.2:12) Look to God's Word as the guide, and follow Christ's leadership NOW!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2008 - 3:47PM #5
ATALAYA
It was an excellent talk. The brother cleared showed how Jesus rulership is superior to the human governments. Point by point he proved how Jesus handled each humankind needs. For example the economy,protection,health,how he controlled the nature's elements and so on...

At the end he mentioned for those what they must do in order to see soon this ruler take control of the entire earth. And for those like us that know...he said that we must examine our relation with Jehovah as to see where we need to improve or keep the good work.

Lovely and refreshing speak.
(Isaiah 21:8) . . .Upon the watchtower, O Jehovah, I am standing constantly by day, and at my guardpost I am stationed all the nights.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2008 - 2:21PM #6
Parada4Jah
Yes a most wonderful Talk. The brother who gave our talk used a gavel and used ilustations though out the talk and actually had a gavel on stage with him. It really made the talk alive and I really enjoyed it.

Hola Atalaya - ?como estas?

Hasta luago,
P4J
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2008 - 6:00PM #7
ATALAYA
Hola que tal. Yo muy bien gracias a Jehová. Muy buena la conferencia especial.
(Isaiah 21:8) . . .Upon the watchtower, O Jehovah, I am standing constantly by day, and at my guardpost I am stationed all the nights.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2008 - 8:19PM #8
GreaserGuy55
I love the way the name Jehovah sound in Spanish and Italian, usually without the prounounication of the "h" if I am not mistaken. Je'ova, so beautiful to hear God's name in different languages!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2008 - 12:20AM #9
kenscar
"Who is Qualified to Rule Mankind?"  Not the WBTS that's for damn sure.

Can you name all the members of the Governing Body?

Do you know who Charles Taze Russell and "Judge" Rutherford were?

What do the years 1914 and 1975 mean to you?  Because they should mean a lot.

The thing about the WBTS is - it's own literature is it's own worst enemy.  Of course anything I might tell you that's negative about the organization you serve will be dismissed as apostate - so I will simply suggest you read a little of the the WBTS's own writings from the 1800's, early 1900's and 1960's.  You might learn something - which is that the WBTS has absolutely ZERO credibility.

But, I'm sure the special talk was just fantastic.

Oh - just one more thing:  why is it the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and not simply the Watchtower Bible Society?  Think about it.  No - really THINK about it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2008 - 12:24AM #10
anotherpaul
[QUOTE=kenscar;429687]"Who is Qualified to Rule Mankind?"  Not the WBTS that's for damn sure.

Can you name all the members of the Governing Body?

Do you know who Charles Taze Russell and "Judge" Rutherford were?

What do the years 1914 and 1975 mean to you?  Because they should mean a lot.

The thing about the WBTS is - it's own literature is it's own worst enemy.  Of course anything I might tell you that's negative about the organization you serve will be dismissed as apostate - so I will simply suggest you read a little of the the WBTS's own writings from the 1800's, early 1900's and 1960's.  You might learn something - which is that the WBTS has absolutely ZERO credibility.

But, I'm sure the special talk was just fantastic.

Oh - just one more thing:  why is it the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and not simply the Watchtower Bible Society?  Think about it.  No - really THINK about it.[/QUOTE]

The WTBTS does not rule anyone.

From your post you obviously have no real idea of what you are talking about.

I do believe you belong, at the best, on the debate board and not here. Go to "debates and discussions". This is not a debate area.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook