Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 9:05AM #1
rmba
It seems as tho more and more churches are con gating in our theaters and deciding what movies are in my best interest. Any idea as to how I can combat these freaks? Is there an organization I can report a so called community theater to?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 10:38AM #2
gorm-sionnach

rmba wrote:

It seems as tho more and more churches are con gating in our theaters and deciding what movies are in my best interest. Any idea as to how I can combat these freaks? Is there an organization I can report a so called community theater to?

Would you mind providing a context for your question? Or providing a link if this is based off of a news report or other source. Not entirely sure what it is you are asking?

Or has some Church group been holding protests or outreaches in a theatre you frequent? For underworld 3 of all films, as if anyone cared about the third in a string of awful films anyway. You would figure they would at least wait until Angels and Demons was released...

Also, have you considered posting this in the entertainment forum? Or were you looking for a Pagan perspective?

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 9:16PM #3
Sacrificialgoddess
I'm confused.
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2009 - 1:21AM #4
rmba
I was looking for a stoner board, I just so happen to like this one. But yes, (so your not so confused) our community theater leases to a church. they had the poster up for like three days and then just took it down. Now I'm not much for math but, I'll say it had something to do with it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2009 - 1:52AM #5
gorm-sionnach

rmba wrote:

I was looking for a stoner board, I just so happen to like this one. But yes, (so your not so confused) our community theater leases to a church. they had the poster up for like three days and then just took it down. Now I'm not much for math but, I'll say it had something to do with it.

Hooray for context!

I can see why some churches may be opposed to something like underworld (aside from the "occult" nature of the content, the violence, sexuality and such may not sit well with the fuddy duddies. Still, doesn't mean they should be able to take down the posters, especially if the church is the one leasing the space (or is it the other way 'round?)

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 7:24PM #6
CreakyHedgewitch
This is a Paganism discussion board. If your thread topic isn't relevant to paganism (and I have yet to see that it is), then this really isn't the appropriate board.

The other option you may with to consider in the future (sorry, not retroactively possible) is to start a thread with OT at the beginning of the title, which tells everyone that it is officially Off Topic for that board. Not that this guarantees it can stay of course as that depends on the content.

C.H.
Beliefnet Host
Paganism Boards
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 7:37PM #7
Sacrificialgoddess

CreakyHedgewitch wrote:

This is a Paganism discussion board. If your thread topic isn't relevant to paganism (and I have yet to see that it is), then this really isn't the appropriate board.

The other option you may with to consider in the future (sorry, not retroactively possible) is to start a thread with OT at the beginning of the title, which tells everyone that it is officially Off Topic for that board. Not that this guarantees it can stay of course as that depends on the content.

C.H.
Beliefnet Host
Paganism Boards

Are you suggesting that we ramble and can't hold to topic?  ;)

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 8:08PM #8
CreakyHedgewitch
Never!

Though in this case, wouldn't that be can't hold to off-topic....:)

C.H.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2009 - 11:05PM #9
rmba
Sorry, won't happen again. I just thought that becuz I was part pagon I could post it here. Sorry, my bad.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2009 - 11:05PM #10
rmba
Sorry, won't happen again. I just thought that becuz I was part pagon I could post it here. Sorry, my bad.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook